too often logged out from this forum.

• So, I wonder if this is only me.

Vivaldi or this site (Vivaldi Forum) very often forgets my login status on this forum and hence I have to login to it very often.

Is this by design? In contrast, I have almost never to login to Gmail because my login status is remembered.

At login, did you tick 'Remember me on this Computer'?

I know, that the cookie for authentication id expires after 3 days.

Telle me, what period is meant by "too often"?

• @ryofurue Do you by any chance use Ghostery? If so, that might be your problem. For the past very many Snapshots there's an inconsistent problem of faulty interaction between Vivaldi & Ghostery. The bug is not constantly present, but when it is, Ghostery keeps logging me out of the V forum, & my Manjaro forum. I keep Privacy Badger also installed, but disabled when Ghostery is working ok. Each time G is misbehaving, like has now recurred for me in the latest SS, i disable G, enable PB, & all is good again.

• @gwen-dragon said in too often logged out from this forum.:

At login, did you tick 'Remember me on this Computer'?

Yes! I'm sorry I forgot to mention that.

I know, that the cookie for authentication id expires after 3 days.

Is that right? Thank you for the information. (But, how do you know that? Shouldn't that be written at "Remember me on this Computer" ?)

Don't know. I compare this forum with Gmail's "forever" so any period is "too often" to me. :-)

This forum isn't a bank account and security isn't that important. It's strange to me that you want to log the user out after 3 days.

• @steffie said in too often logged out from this forum.:

@ryofurue Do you by any chance use Ghostery?

Thanks for your help, but what's Ghostery? The fact that I don't know it indicates either that I don't use it or that I use it without knowing :-)

@ryofurue said in too often logged out from this forum.:

(But, how do you know that? Shouldn't that be written at "Remember me on this Computer" ?)

You can inspect cookies.
    Click on the globe/lock in addressbar, select the ā€¦-in-use-link
    In cookies window expand the cookie tree for login.vivaldi.net
    Check expiration date of commonAuthId

@gwen-dragon said in too often logged out from this forum.:

Don't know. I compare this forum with Gmail's "forever" so any period is "too often" to me. :-)

Sorry, i really asked you a serious question!
    OK, i understand that you never want to be logged out by forum.

This forum isn't a bank account and security isn't that important. It's strange to me that you want to log the user out after 3 days.

Cookies which are used for logins (here: Forum, Webmail, Blog) should expire if they are not reused in the expiration period.
    I do not want you to log out. I did not have programmed any software for the server, dear.

If you dislike the logout period, please contact our Community Manager.

• @gwen-dragon said in too often logged out from this forum.:

(But, how do you know that? Shouldn't that be written at "Remember me on this Computer" ?)

You can inspect cookies.
    Click on the globe/lock in addressbar, select the ā€¦-in-use-link
    In cookies window expand the cookie tree for login.vivaldi.net
    Check expiration date of commonAuthId

Thanks for the information! That means that 99% of people don't know it, right? Or is the three-day expiration known to most users here? Perhaps through the word of mouth?

@gwen-dragon said in too often logged out from this forum.:

Sorry, i really asked you a serious question!

I know you did! Only that I wasn't able to answer your question because I didn't pay attention how often I'm logged out. I am now paying attention, and I'll see if I stay logged in for two more days.

OK, i understand that you never want to be logged out by forum.

[ . . .]

I do not want you to log out. I did not have programmed any software for the server, dear.

Of course.

If you dislike the logout period, please contact our Community Manager.

That's helpful information, because at least the login page should clearly indicate that the login status will expire in three days. I'll raise this issue to our Manager.

• @ryofurue It's a privacy extension. Given you don't know it, it's unlikely that you installed it, hence even more unlikely you're using it. Ipso facto,

this is not the droid you're looking for

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.