Exe not opening - unable to install Vivaldi

• Just downloaded Vivaldi_TP2.1.0.118.19.exe, but the executable won't open under any circumstances. (Vista Business, Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002) Can anyone pl let me know why the .exe will not open ??? Thnx :(

• @chelchelly:

Just downloaded Vivaldi_TP2.1.0.118.19.exe, but the executable won't open under any circumstances.

First of all that's not the latest version this is the latest version ATM

https://vivaldi.com/download/download.php?f=Vivaldi.1.0.138.4.exe (direct link to the latest 32 bit version)

Then you can see if the download file is in sane state opening it with 7zip/winrar or similar program.

If the file looks intact and still you aren't able to launch it, just unpack the exe content in

*C:\Users{your-user}\AppData\Local*

The final result must look as

C:\Users{your-user}\AppData\Local\Vivaldi

Then enter inside the C:\Users{your-user}\AppData\Local\Vivaldi\Application folder and link Vivaldi.exe to your desktop/start/menu/whatever to easily launch the program.

• Maybe the download didn't complete or is corrupt?

md5 hash for my download of Vivaldi_TP2.1.0.118.19).exe = fe8ffcbea62274c3634525aaf0fc8a50

But there have already been several Developmental snapshots with significant bug fixes and feature enhancements since then, with the latest being v.1.0.138.4 and Vivaldi is so "young" in it's development, I can't think of any reason to go back to the version you're trying to install, even though it is the one offered on the main download page.

• Thanks very much for yr advice .. am just back to the pc and will try this in a mo

• Thanks v much to you too - am just back to the PC and am going to try one or other of these suggestions in a mo

• Good luck, and please let us know if it works.

• :)
    Thanks very much, guys ! All seems to be working … this is my first use of Vivaldi right here !!!
    :)

• :) Thanx, Solutor ! All seems to be working great !

• Good! Glad it worked! :)

• @chelchelly:

:) Thanx, Solutor ! All seems to be working great !

You're welcome! ;)

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.