Ctrl+F Should Toggle Find in Page

• When you press Ctrl +F, it shoud toggle the 'Find in Page' prompt on and off, regardless if you searched anything or not.

Currently it only turns it on and it stays there until you click the close button in the bar, which is not very user-friendly and the close button is fairly "hidden" when it's not the right-most button in the bar.

• Vivaldi Translator

@torniojaws I did upvoted your proposal. It’s boring to have to close the bar by a click.

• The Escape key can be used to hide the Find in Page Toolbar.

• Please make it possible to toggle open/close of "find in page" with the same hotkey. Currently, we have to always press ESC to close it, which is inconvenient.

This issue is already highly voted and should be easy to do. Please improve it soon...
    https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/25059/ctrl-f-should-toggle-find-in-page

[bug reported VB-56802]

• it surprises me to see how long it can take vivaldi to implement such simple quality of life improvements. i know there are a ton of requests and a small team, but simple stuff like this should be prioritized and checked off faster, instead of being stuck for an eternity in the slow lane. i wish they can start a new process of categorizing certain requests as being simple to implement, so they can just throw in a few with every release to get more requests checked off faster.

• @TsunamiZ I agree. This is one of the Feature Requests that I included in my list of Easy to Implement Feature Requests.

It is not easy for us to know how much work is involved, but this certainly looks easy to do. Escape closed the Find in Page Toolbar, so why not Ctrl+F?

• @Pesala

it is cool that you made a list of a few simple to implement requests. but ideally, the vivaldi team should officially start a new process of categorizing certain requests as being simple to implement, so they can just throw in a few with every release to get more requests checked off faster.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.