PDF Page Memory

• Hello, I've been using Edge a lot lately just because of this. It would be great if Vivaldi remembered the last page I read in pdf documents and then automatically loaded them on that page when opening the browser again. It's very helpful while studying so I don't have to remember where exactly I finished last time. Thank you!

• @diehydrated
    Hi, you can set "Last Session" in the startup settings.

Cheers, mib

• You can also save the session if you want to be able to resume your studies at a later date.

• @mib2berlin Hi, I know, but that just loads my tabs again, doesn't save the page I ended with

• @diehydrated It does for me if I startup with Last Session.

• @diehydrated In external PDF readers such as Okular, this is referred to as a bookmark.

• I use vivaldi as my main browser now, and never use the save session option as I tend to pin 5-10 tabs that I use most of the time. Every PDF file I read I open it up in vivaldi as I don't want to install the adobe reader (why have more apps installed when 1 will do). However when reading 400 page pdf files losing the last location is becoming a pain and would love it if vivaldi had a the feature to save the last location of the page.

I've tried the save session as mentioned and that doesn't seem to work - it knows I have the pdf file open, but always goes to the first page.

I'm currently on version: 2.2.1388.37 (Stable channel) (32-bit)

• @harag said in PDF Page Memory:

I've tried the save session as mentioned and that doesn't seem to work - it knows I have the pdf file open, but always goes to the first page.

I can confirm this in the latest Snapshot. One has to use PDF bookmarks to relocate one's reading position. There are some bugs in the PDF viewer.

There are good reasons, apart from such bugs, for installing a proper PDF reader. In my opinion. PDF-XChange Editor is a better choice than Adobe Reader. The free version includes the most used features (including OCR) and export as image. For anyone working extensively with PDF files it beats the convenience of using a browser plugin with limited features.

Specs: AMD A10-6800K, 8 Gb on Win 10 64-bit 1809 build 17763.195 • Snapshot 2.3.1401.7 (64-bit)

• @Pesala Many thanks for the pointer to PDF-XChange, I'll take a look at that and might bite the bullet and download it. I don't edit pdfs etc, so just mainly need it for the viewer options, and remembering last page read is one missing from the browser.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.