Cursor consistently 'jumps out' of online Gmail compose window, etc



  • Hello, Just FYI - the Cursor consistently 'jumps out' of online Gmail compose window. That is, you start typing and are going along fine - and then your text suddenly is not appearing as you type. You click the cursor back in the Gmail compose window and then can type again - until it 'jumps out' again... Sometimes it might need a few clicks in the Gmail compose window for it to 'take.' It happens at least once or twice every time composing a window. Also, sometime you can not select text in the compose window, sometimes the selected text can not be deleted with the backspace or Del key, etc Cheers: GREG...



  • This is driving me crazy.

    I noticed it on most text fields, and I tought Vivaldi was the cuplrit, then I discovered that happens on Opium too.

    I have still to figure if the culprit is the updated chromium engine or something in win 10



  • I have 'tested' it on Windows 7, 8, Server 2008 R2 and Server 2012 - so (seemingly) not OS dependent…



  • This is also a problem that I faced the last few days, hoping the best answer. Thanks



  • @scubak1w1:

    I have 'tested' it on Windows 7, 8, Server 2008 R2 and Server 2012 - so (seemingly) not OS dependent…

    I'm going to test it on win 8.1. I was used to test Vivaldi on my Storage Server Essentials 2008r2, via remote desktop, but both Opium and Vivaldi aren't working anymore via RDP (something else I have to figure out, likely related to the hw accelerated rendering).



  • I've noticed this. It seems to happen when Gmail does some sort of background refresh. I'll be typing along happily, and then the URL will change (Gmail checking for new mail or something?) and focus is stolen from the compose window. This happens to me whether I'm doing a full screen compose window or the little inset one in the corner. Does not happen to me when I write replies.



  • Thinking about it, the URL change is probably related to Gmail saving the draft.



  • @The_Solutor:

    Opium and Vivaldi aren't working anymore via RDP (something else I have to figure out, likely related to the hw accelerated rendering).

    I understood what that problem was, it's a bit OT here, but the info can be useful for someone.

    Vivaldi and Opium both don't work correctly if more than a session per user is allowed, even if just one RDP session is active.

    To use Vivaldi remotely I need to set just one session allowed on server 2008r2, practically downgrading its remote usage to the win 7 level.

    Explorer, Firefox and Opera are unaffected, looks like a Chromium limit


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.