Fullscreen videos in tiled tabs broken

• In previous versions, videos in tiled tabs would maximise to that tile. This allowed you to play multiple videos simultaneously in tiles with very little margin between them.

Since updating to version 1.14.1077.45 (Stable channel) (64-bit), this feature is no longer working.
    A video in a tiled tab now maximises to the whole screen instead of staying bound to its tile.

This was a feature that I enjoyed a lot in Vivaldi. Is there a setting to re-enable this feature, or is it broken?

Windows 10 64 bit, GeForce GTX 1080 driver version 390.77.

@fred7010 We will have to wait for one of the insiders to confirm this, but I suspect that this was a bug that was fixed.

I would expect fullscreen videos to play fullscreen, not in half of a page.

Confirmed with 1.14.1077.45. Switches to Fullscreen.

I will check internal version. Same in internal 1.15.109x.yy

Please report the issue to Vivaldi.

How to do a bug report for Vivaldi

Report each bug separately at https://vivaldi.com/bugreport/
    Describe the issue as precise as you can.
    Add some information about extensions you use.
    Add information about the operating system and version you use.
    Add some information which security tools you use.
    If you have problems with video or audio give us information about your installed codecs and graphics
    card/GPU.
    Add a exact link to the page where the issue comes up and can be tested.
    After reporting the issue, you will receive a confirmation mail from the bugtracker.
    In a reply to this mail you can add more information and files (like screenshots or testcases) as
    attachments and it will be added automatically to bug report.

If you have questions about the bug please ask in forum first and do not forget to post the VB-XXXXX
    bug number (you can find it in confirmation mail).

Thanks in advance for helping us to make Vivaldi better!

• I am not entirely sure what the intended behaviour of this was either.

Both options are extremely useful to me. When tiling multiple video streams it seamlessly maximized it to the tile size, which is ideal. However, I still would like to be able to fullscreen a specific tile.

The old behaviour was more flexible and if it is an either/or then I prefer to old one.

<edit>fixed typo</edit>

• If it was a bug which was fixed, do you still need me to file a bug report?

As has been mentioned it was an extremely useful "bug" and was a feature unique to Vivaldi. It was one of the main reasons I choose Vivaldi over Chrome.

I expect an ideal solution would be to allow the user to specify the behaviour of video elements in tiled tabs.
    Do you know which is the most recent version for which this still works? I would be happy to roll back my browser version until this is re-implemented. (un-fixed?)

@fred7010 Create a new thread in the Feature Requests Forum for each feature request.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.