Assign Shortcuts to Individual Notes

• Hi everyone. I usually spend my free time doing some patrolling on Wikipedia. I put some wikitext in the notes in order to avoid typing the same text every once in a while. I love this feature but I think it would be better if some of the notes could be pasted with a shortcut. I mean: I press ctrl+something and "{{vandalismo}}--~~~~" is automatically pasted. What do you think?
    Thanks in advance for your time :)

@holotaco If you get to know the keyboard Access keys, it is already very easy. To post my signature below:

1. Menu key (between right Ctrl and right Windows key)
    2. I (for insert note)
    3. R (for Replies notes folder)
    4. S (for Signature)

Specs: AMD A10-6800K, 8 Gb on Win 10 64-bit • Snapshot 1.15.1090.3 (64-bit)

• @Pesala I'm sorry but I don't understand. I don't have the Menu key on my laptop keyboard. I can open the panel by pressing F4 (Fn+F4), select the note and then copy-paste it. Pretty good, but I think it would be even better if we can link a keyboard shortcut to a precise note. Just a suggestion, obviously not a priority :)

@holotaco Try the alternative to the menu key, which is Shift F10.

This brings up the context menu, and should work on Laptops too.

• @Pesala well I didn't get you were talking about the context menu, sorry. The problem it's not using keyboard instead of the mouse. The "problem" is the intricate combination of more than just a shortcut. I was thinking about a multi-clipboard system, with the standard dynamic clipboard to copy-paste using 'ctrl+c' - 'ctrl+v', and some static clipboards containing a text previously set by the user (one text for each one of these clipboards = notes). I hope this message is easier to understand. I'm sorry but it's difficult to me to explain it even in my mother language :c

@holotaco I think you may need a Clipboard Extension. I just don't see how keyboard shortcuts in Settings, Keyboard could be assigned to notes that by their very nature are likely to change dynamically.

• Maybe rename/repost this feature request as

"ability to assign shortcut keys to individual notes"

which would convey your intention clearly, if I correctly understood. I would not guarantee great resonance, but that holds for many other feature requests and who knows, maybe the god of feature request selection chooses to shine on you ;)

@morg42 said in Shortcut to paste a note in a blink of an eye:

Maybe rename/repost this feature request

Agreed. Concise thread titles help a lot in getting the right attention. I left out "keys" because any command should be assignable to both keyboard shortcuts and mouse gestures.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.