64-bit version becomes 32-bit after auto-upgrade

• I have installed 64-bit Vivaldi. After auto-upgrade to latest version 1.14.1077.45, Vivaldi becomes 32-bit. I think it should keep 64-bit when use auto-upgrade to the latest version.

@devbean That seems quite impossible. The updater can only fetch the same version as the one already installed in the space from which the installer is called. I have used auto-update for Stable on 3 64-bit systems, and it updated to 64-bit in each case.

I'm going to hazard a guess that when you first installed Vivaldi on your computer, you just used the download button on the introductory page, thus getting 32-bit on your 64-bit system, and it's been updating to 32-bit ever since. Feel free, however, to simply install the 64-bit version over the top of the 32-bit in the same space. It will do no harm.

You will find it here: https://vivaldi.com/download/ . Scroll to the bottom of the page and be careful to select the 64-bit version for Windows 7+.

• Thank you. I'll try to reinstall 64-bit in the same space. I think you are right about the updater ;-P

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.