Maximized windows getting stuck

• Hello I've had an issue with Vivaldi that has lasted through several versions (ie at least 6 months) now that I'd like to get some assistance with. I use Vivaldi with the window maximized, though I occasionally can drag from one monitor to the next. However sometimes Vivaldi will get 'stuck' where it appears on top of any other program and any programs I try to layer on top of it go underneath instead. In this state it will not minimize or resize. The only way I've found to fix this is to open a youtube video in the Vivaldi window and play it full screen for a few seconds and then hit Esc. That seems to reset it, but the problem will reoccur. This only happens with Vivaldi, no other program experiences this behavior, which says to me the issue is not solely my WM or DE, but something in how Vivaldi interacts with it. Looking through the forums it looks like there have been similar issues in the past, but I don't see a resolution for them. Any advice?

Steps to reproduce:

• Maximize Vivaldi window

• Drag from screen 1 to screen 2, dropping at screen edge so Vivaldi will Maximize

• Repeat until Vivaldi will not move (typically <10 times)

Things I've done:

• Upgraded Vivaldi several times over months (currently 1.14.1077.41)

• Fully patched my system several times over months

• Refreshed profile per Refreshing or Cleaning Your Profile through step 4.

• Uninstalled and reinstalled Vivaldi

My system currently:

• Linux Mint 18.3

• Desktop Environment: MATE

• Kernel 4.13.0-32

• AMD Ryzen 7 1700X

• XFX - Radeon RX 550 4GB Video Card

Thank you.

• @nemoanonymous
    Hi nemo, sadly I can't help you with this problem as I only own one monitor - just wanted to let you know that this is one of the most precise bug reports I've seen in a long time.

In case nobody can help you around here you should file a bugreport directly addressed to the developers.

HOW TO DO A BUG REPORT FOR VIVALDI
    Report each bug separately at https://vivaldi.com/bugreport/
    Describe the issue as precise as you can.
    Add some information about extensions you use.
    Add information about the operating system and version you use.
    Add some information which security tools you use.
    If you have problems with video or audio give us information about your installed codecs and graphics
    card/GPU.
    Add a exact link to the page where the issue comes up and can be tested.
    After reporting the issue, you will receive a confirmation mail from the bugtracker.
    In a reply to this mail you can add more information and files (like screenshots or testcases) as
    attachments and it will be added automatically to bug report.

If you have questions about the bug please ask in forum first and do not forget to post the VB-XXXXX
    bug number (you can find it in confirmation mail).

Thanks in advance for helping us to make Vivaldi better!

(Thanks Gwen for that text template)

• Thanks zaibon. I've opened it as VB-37404.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.