Vivaldi stubbornly adds himself to autostart

• This starts to annoy me. Why Vivaldi add itself to autostart after every reboot/use? I throw it through msconfig or Autoruns but he stubbornly keep coming back to autostart entries (HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run) every time I use it. Is there any solution to this? Thx.[b][/b]

• Same problem on 2 computers.

• Yep, nothing changed since months. Disabling in autostart in msconfig doesn't helps, keep coming back.

• Use inverse psychology,
    Put it in the autostart folder, so it won't start anymore B)

Well I never had this problem o.O
    As far as I remember you need admin privileges for autostarting stuff once the os is booted ( don't take this for sure since I don't stick only to windows and my memory is pretty bad )

• Thx, i try.

• AFAIK Vivaldi has nothing to do with the autostart.

Not even for the autoupdate function.

Likely there is something else that does it. Maybe some malware?

So, I believe that's the debug process should involve more your PC rather than Vivaldi itself

1. did you try to choose different install options? (single users, v.s. all users)

2. did you try to install Vivaldi on a freshly create user account?

• No, not tried nothing else than 32 and 64 bit versions and im not going to as long as Vivaldi its not my default browser. Waiting for extensions support then i start using Viv "properly".

• @Reznorek:

No, not tried nothing else than 32 and 64 bit versions and im not going to as long as Vivaldi its not my default browser. Waiting for extensions support then i start using Viv "properly".

Well, it depends on what extensions you need. I use a number of them since the day one (uBlock, Select like a boss, an alternate speed dial, and so on)

• Some of extensions are useless without icon next to adress bar, thats why im waiting for support for them. In the meantime Opera Developer…

• Vivaldi has nothing in my autostart (x64 version).

• @Reznorek:

In the meantime Opera Developer…

In the meantime they removed the classic speed dial from opera 32.

I can't stand with that ugly metro like thing.

• Metro: the world's first computer uglyface.

• Last update was probably one of the most helpful - Vivaldi stopped to run without permission every time when i turn on computer :)
    Now extensions and finally i can try use V as a deault browser.

• For me continue adding the installer in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components each time that I update it.
    Attachments:

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.