Option to merge window panel/tab bar (and suggestions)

• As window panel and tab bar show (almost) the same elements would be nice an option to merge them - showing only the window panel as a kind of tab bar replacement (so where tab bar is) and:

1. option to hide "window" root entry if only one vivaldi window is opened (the opened tabs counter could be moved upside to not losing such info);
    2. audio icon on window panel (I'm not sure if it does currently)
    3. a size for window panel which mimick the tab bar if merged. So you'll save space having them as single entity.

Merging is just for vertical tabs as horizontal panel sound really strange and bad πŸ™‚

@hadden89

• The Tab Bar can be hidden if you wish
    • The Panels take a lot more space. OK on a widescreen monitor perhaps, but not everyone has horizontal space to spare (I use 1200x1600)
    • Tree Style Tabs is a better request (not posted yet since the forum changes).
    • Please start a new thread for each Feature so that users can vote for each one separately.

• @pesala said in Option to merge window panel/tab bar (and suggestions):

• The Tab Bar can be hidden if you wish

Yup. But winpanel hasn't audio icon, so I stil use it the tabbar.

• The Panels take a lot more space. OK on a widescreen monitor perhaps, but not everyone has horizontal space to spare (I use 1200x1600)

True. I forget I use a mod not to lose much space. Probably I've to add some info.

• Tree Style Tabs is a better request (not posted yet since the forum changes).

Also true. I'll move that in another post πŸ˜‰

• The Window panel shouldn't even have to be a panel in my opinion, since it forces an extra click whenever I'm actively monitoring downloads or web panels.

I want to fully maximize vertical space on my screen and currently have plenty of horizontal space to spare, so I'd like an option to have the window panel always visible, replacing the space vertical tabs currently occupy. If I open the download panel, then on my screen I expect to see "Download Panel" > "Window Panel w/ Audio Icons" > "Current Webpage".

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.