Understanding page crash cause

• Hello everyone and thank devs for the wonderful browser! I use 1.0.118.19 on Arch Linux. One annoying thing is that I often get page crash, i.e a dead bird (btw, is it a parrot?) on black background. It happens randomly on different web pages. Sometimes after one page crash, other tabs also crash. In most cases reload leads to immediate crash again. Is there a way to debug and understand crash reason? I tried running vivaldi with "--enable-logging --v=1" and reading .config/vivaldi/chrome_debug.log. But wasn't successful in getting crash info from there. Also I noticed that with enabled logging crashes didn't happen.

Why not install 1.0.135.2 and see how that runs on your system?

• Upgraded. Will see.
    Noticed at least one improvement - it didn't crash while logging in vivaldi.net :)
    Thanks!

• @grustnoe:

… I often get page crash, i.e a dead bird (btw, is it a parrot?) on black background. It happens randomly on different web pages. Sometimes after one page crash, other tabs also crash. In most cases reload leads to immediate crash again..

Oh grustnoe – thank you, thank you, thank you! FINALLY another user has actually posted about this. It's not just me after all, yay. It has been the single biggest fault for me with the potentially wonderful V, right from TP1 through to SN 1.0.129.2 inclusive, in my Mint 17 & now 17.1 x64 KDE [but it did NOT happen to me in my Win7 boot]. However i am delighted to advise you that the recent upgrade to 1.0.135.2 seems [she whispers cautiously, scared that simply talking about this might make the Crash Fairies vengefully return] to have completely cured this flaw. I've not had a single page crash / dead parrot [[i]"it's the norwegian blue, squire, she loves kipping on her back"] since the upgrade. I have had a couple [only] of total browser crashes [quite alarming, one moment i'm reading a page, next moment BOOM & the entire browser's vapourised], but no more norwegian blues. Yay.

• UPDATE to my previous Post. I've now booted my other Linux pc, Manjaro x64 0.8.12, & this latest V SN is equally strong there as in my Mint boot, ie, so far not a single dead parrot. I'm slowly beginning to feel comfy that that nasty bug might indeed be cured now…

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.