Problems regarding auto re-login on some particular websites after I quit and restart Vivaldi
I’m experiencing some problems regarding re-login on some particular websites after I quit and restart Vivaldi. These are the steps that lead to this issue:
- Install the latest version of Vivaldi on a Vivaldi-free system (Windows 7 64bit)
- Open Vivaldi, skip all the initial steps and visit facebook.com
- Facebook asks for log in credentials, I provide all the necessary required fields.
- Password manager asks me if I want to save username and password. I accept. I stay on website for some seconds.
- I close the Facebook tab and exit Vivaldi.
- At the following Vivaldi start, I visit facebook.com again but it asks for my username and password. These fields are already filled with the saved credentials. Why is this happening? Isn’t there an auto log-in feature implemented in Vivaldi? This issue happens also on more websites, like Yahoo Mail, Google, Deviantart, Live.com. Even checking Keep me signed in on the websites that provide this function doesn’t log me in automatically when I restart Vivaldi.
Most of the forums and websites that don't require an account to use them seem to auto re-login after exiting Vivaldi.
I am still seeing this login issue on several sites:
(VB-36679) Logins Lost on Restarting Vivaldi
- High-Logic Forums
- TypeDrawers Forum
OK now on
- Serif Community Plus
Specs: AMD A10-6800K, 8 Gb on Win 10 64-bit • Snapshot 1.15.1089.3 (64-bit)
Well, it happens even on Vivaldi Community page (Menu - Help - Community): the website is loading without being logged in but after I click on Log In, the credentials are there.
Is this a bug? Should I report it?
I found a fix: I've uninstalled Vivaldi, cleared all the cache and settings and installed a previous version, Vivaldi.1.13.1008.44.x64.exe. Now, everything works as it should had been.
So, latest version is a bit buggy, I saw others complaining about different issues.
jdouglas last edited by
I've also noticed this bug on 1.14. Updated from the last version of 1.13, and I no longer stay signed in on certain websites - including Yahoo mail. There's others I've noticed too, but I can't remember them right at the moment. Facebook and Youtube seem fine.
It's somewhat frustrating, to say the least.
I use Windows 10 32 bit, version 1.14.1077.41 (Stable channel) (32-bit)
jake_armitage last edited by jake_armitage
Same thing happens on all google pages (gmail etc.), on youtube (as mentioned above), instagram and all facebook related pages, where you used your facebook login to login to that page (for example 9gag.com). was checking for days if there's anything wrong on my side, till I found this thread. Made a bug report as well. VB-37173
Yuyu.K last edited by
iAN CooG last edited by
@yuyu-k good to see the same shitstorm is hitting google too, and they already said that in .140 it's fixed.