Graphic Tools in Screenshot Feature

• @pesala
    Nimbus Screenshot and Screen Video Recorder, I have found does an excellent job in describing what an extension can do that solves this. However, the Save to Google option doesn't work properly, probably because it requires a built in Google account, which is baked into Chrome but not Chromium.

I guess it would be up to Nimbus to take that option away for non-Chrome browser extensions (Vivaldi, current Opera, and others).

@damangoldberg said in Graphic Tools in Screenshot Feature:

@pesala
    Nimbus Screenshot and Screen Video Recorder, I have found does an excellent job in describing what an extension can do that solves this. However, the Save to Google option doesn't work properly, probably because it requires a built in Google account, which is baked into Chrome but not Chromium.

I guess it would be up to Nimbus to take that option away for non-Chrome browser extensions (Vivaldi, current Opera, and others).

Have you recorded anything with it? I tried and I couldn't do it.

• It would be sufficient for me if text remained selected or context menu displayed when making a screenshot with Capture Tool.

• @pesala said in Graphic Tools in Screenshot Feature:

third-party

I agree with Pesala on this. The function is ok for simple screenshots, but there are gazillion Chrome extensions you can use that are more advanced if you need more detailed editing.

The feature is not supposed to be an image editor. Also, with most operating systems, there is already a snippet tool included that allows for more functionality. You will be better using an extension if you are doing web captures all the time or if you prefer them offline have Vivaldi save the screenshots to a folder of your choice and then use your external preferred editor that has all the whistles and bells in terms of functionality.

• Vivaldi Ambassador

That Vivaldi has a function for screen capture is fine, but personally I'm not interested in capture tools attached to the browser, I prefer desktop applications, such as ShareX or FastStone, which work independently of the browser and are much more complete than any function or extension that can be in the Chrome Store

• @ozoratsubasa I have in earlier versions of Vivaldi. It has worked, but I don't have a program that can natively do .webm format {not yet paid for current version of Corel VideoStudio X10 or Premiere Elements). Since you mentioned it, I will try it again soon.

@damangoldberg said in Graphic Tools in Screenshot Feature:

@ozoratsubasa I have in earlier versions of Vivaldi. It has worked, but I don't have a program that can natively do .webm format {not yet paid for current version of Corel VideoStudio X10 or Premiere Elements). Since you mentioned it, I will try it again soon.

I have the extension and the record video option is the only doesn't work

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.