Proxy settings not browser only?

• I am just trying out Vivaldi for the first time and I was very impressed with the browser. I looked at the proxy settings and I was extremely disappointed that it uses the IE proxy settings like Chrome and IE and Edge. I am guessing this is because it is based on Chrome?

The reason why this is an issue, when adding a proxy using IE proxy settings it sets the proxy for the entire operating system. Since Firefox has gone down hill since the recent update I have been looking for an alternative and I was very happy with this browser until I saw that it uses the IE proxy settings 😞

Is there any addon or anything I can do make the proxy only work in the browser and not the entire OS?

If not please consider adding your own proxy options like firefox, and not use the IE proxy like Chrome and Edge.

thank you!

Vivaldi uses the system proxy.
    if you need a different you have to use a command line parameter inr you desktop shortcut to start Vivaldi.
    Parameters can be found at https://www.chromium.org/developers/design-documents/network-settings

• OK great, so it supports the command line proxy setting like Chrome.

I will give that a try. It would be nice if that could be added to the UI, as dealing with shortcuts can be a bit troublesome, especially when pinning them to the taskbar in windows 10.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.