Vivaldi Update 1.14.1077.41 - Very Buggy, revert to previous version?

• I've been using Vivaldi for a long time now and this is the first time an update has bothered me enough to post in the Vivaldi forum.

The latest update 1.14.1077.41 (Stable channel) (32-bit) is really buggy - I'm on Windows 10. Here's just some of the problems I'm having, which started immediately after the update:

Vivaldi Update Bugs

On some sites links don't work when you click them - Google search results especially. You have to right click and open the link in a new tab to go to the web page. Sometimes if you click on a Google search link you get thrown to another tab.

Microsoft "stay signed in" no longer works - I have to log in every single time I use a Microsoft app - OneDrive, etc.

Google apps are really buggy - Google Drive downloads don't work.
    If you right click on a Google doc and select "download" - there's no download - 0 bytes. You have to actually go into the document each time and "save as" to download it.

Is there any way to revert back to a previous Vivaldi version? I really like Vivaldi, but this update has made the browser extremely hard to use. Thanks.

One used to be able to download old versions from the Team Blog. I don't see how to do that now. Only the latest Final and Snapshot versions are listed with links.

If you know the Snapshot build number, you can guess the download link address, e.g.

https://downloads.vivaldi.com/snapshot/Vivaldi.1.14.1030.3.x64.exe

https://downloads.vivaldi.com/snapshot/Vivaldi.1.14.1038.3.x32.exe

https://downloads.vivaldi.com/snapshot/Vivaldi.1.13.1008.30.x64.exe (release candidate for 1.13).

and so on.

• found it, here are the old ones:
    https://vivaldi.com/download/archive/win/

@sahands Security fixes in 1.14 will not be backported to 1.13.

• @sahands Thank you so much for finding the old versions. I understand that the previous versions don't have some security fixes. But the 1.14.1077.41 version is almost unusable. I really didn't want to switch browsers. So again thank you!

• @ayespy Ok, thanks for letting me know. I'm hoping Vivaldi will fix the bugs so that I can use the latest, most secure version.

@webcodepro Have you tried 1.14 with a clean profile? It's smooth sailing here for me. I realize there are some unhandled bugs, but I've yet to run into any. I know that some setups and some uses lost support with the intake of Chromium 64, but here, it's "works properly" and at your end, it's "nearly unusable." I wonder what the differences might be.

• @ayespy No I haven't tried that. I just updated Vivaldi when it popped up in Windows. I'll try installing with a clean profile and see if that helps. Thanks for the suggestion.

• very buggy seems a bit too much, the only issue I have with the latest stable release is that Vimium's shortcut to open a new tab - "t" - crashes Vivaldi, there is no other keyboard shortcut using single "t" and every other Vimium shortcut works fine: very strange.

I do not advise to use the older 1.13 versions as they have unfixed security issues.
    Use is at own risk!

• I haven't pinned down the issue yet, but I am having enough trouble after the upgrade that I have had to use Chrome to get work done.

I can no longer use vCenter properly, and in some cases at all. We have several here and some redirect entirely and I cannot even login. Others, I can log into but I cannot use the VMRC.

I understand the vSphere Web Client sucks, but everything worked flawlessly before I upgraded yesterday. Now I have to use two different browsers.

I really love the Vivaldi interface and I hope this gets fixed somehow. I've tried a few things on my own that didn't work. I created an account and came here looking to see if anyone else had similar issues. Apparently, I am not the only one experiencing disruptive bugs after the upgrade. Maybe "very buggy" is a bit much, but it's buggy enough I've had to use another browser and if it continues I'll probably look for a permanent replacement.

But I really, really, extra, super like Vivaldi and I'm hoping these things get fixed.

Is there a place I can submit bug reports? All my issues seem to be related to ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME.

0_1517581690615_vv vmware-csd.PNG
    0_1517582063775_vv vmrc.PNG

• I have had to go back to Chrome since this "stable" version 1.14 refuses to load web pages (using Win 7, 64-bit). I preferred Vivaldi also but this version is simply not usable. I am not sure what is meant by reinstalling with a clean profile since this should not be needed for a "stable" upgrade. How disappointing! How can this many problems suddenly pop up on a version that is supposed to be a "stable" release?????

@larntz said in Vivaldi Update 1.14.1077.41 - Very Buggy, revert to previous version?:

Is there a place I can submit bug reports? All my issues seem to be related to ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME.

! No need to report. ! We have already reports about the broken schemes.

But for the future:

How to do a bug report for Vivaldi

Report each bug separately at https://vivaldi.com/bugreport/
    Describe the issue as precise as you can.
    Add some information about extensions you use.
    Add information about the operating system and version you use.
    Add some information which security tools you use.
    If you have problems with video or audio give us information about your installed codecs and graphics
    card/GPU.
    Add a exact link to the page where the issue comes up and can be tested.
    After reporting the issue, you will receive a confirmation mail from the bugtracker.
    In a reply to this mail you can add more information and files (like screenshots or testcases) as
    attachments and it will be added automatically to bug report.

If you have questions about the bug please ask in forum first and do not forget to post the VB-XXXXX
    bug number (you can find it in confirmation mail).

Thanks in advance for helping us to make Vivaldi better!

• @gwen-dragon Thanks! I'm sure google would have turned this up, but I was in a rush when I wrote that earlier. I appreciate the response and link.

• @talgarik said in Vivaldi Update 1.14.1077.41 - Very Buggy, revert to previous version?:

very buggy seems a bit too much, the only issue I have with the latest stable release is that Vimium's shortcut to open a new tab - "t" - crashes Vivaldi, there is no other keyboard shortcut using single "t" and every other Vimium shortcut works fine: very strange.

I've reported the Vimium issue here [ https://github.com/philc/vimium/issues/2942 ] if you want to add/watch/vote on it. That said, if it is Vivaldi at fault (I'm not having any other noticable issues with it) hope an update for Vivaldi gets released shortly. Not having 't' really breaks my workflow.

• Using a clean profile does not help (Win 7 64 bit). My friend did not help even a clean install. (Win 10 64 bit)

• @cej said in Vivaldi Update 1.14.1077.41 - Very Buggy, revert to previous version?:

@talgarik said in Vivaldi Update 1.14.1077.41 - Very Buggy, revert to previous version?:

very buggy seems a bit too much, the only issue I have with the latest stable release is that Vimium's shortcut to open a new tab - "t" - crashes Vivaldi, there is no other keyboard shortcut using single "t" and every other Vimium shortcut works fine: very strange.

I've reported the Vimium issue here [ https://github.com/philc/vimium/issues/2942 ] if you want to add/watch/vote on it. That said, if it is Vivaldi at fault (I'm not having any other noticable issues with it) hope an update for Vivaldi gets released shortly. Not having 't' really breaks my workflow.

just installed the stable update released today and "t" still crashes Vivaldi, of course it is Vivaldi's fault, the same extension works fine in Opera...

• So I finally got around to trying a full reset of Vivaldi - https://help.vivaldi.com/article/full-reset-of-vivaldi/ and I installed the latest update. It seems to have helped with the Microsoft "stay logged in" issue, but the other problems still remain. I hope Vivaldi will be able to issue an update that fixes the other issues.

• The last version broke two-finger-scroll for me, which is a pain since I don't have an external mouse handy.

• Update 1.14.1077.50 fixed my issue!!

Wanted to say thank you to anyone from Vivaldi that might be reading this. I'm freaking pumped to be 100% back!

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.