[fature request] Coloured quotes by default

• I' believe I'm not the only user who find the way the board sows the quotes, incredbly misleading Personally I started to colour the quotes in blue [quote="The_Solutor" post=21630][b][color=#0000bb]This way[/color][/b][/quote] And I feel the messages way more pleasant to read. Why not do this by default? Shouldn't be so hard to implement...[color=#0000bb][/color]

• I agree it would be better if quoted material were more clearly differentiated from the rest of a posted comment. Of course there are many ways this could be accomplished, but IMO the default forum formatting of quotes definitely needs improvement.

I think The_Solutor's suggestion of blue italics works well (and I'm using it manually for now for posts that are complex enough to warrant it).

But I also like, and probably prefer, quoted material italicized in the default font color (black) enclosed in a "bubble" (?) border with a slightly darker or different hue background, allowing users to use bbCode to alter the font color or other attributes in the quoted material for emphasis.

• I agree it would be better if quoted material were more clearly differentiated from the rest of a posted comment. Of course there are many ways this could be accomplished, but IMO the default forum formatting of quotes definitely needs improvement.

Absolutely.

I think The_Solutor's suggestion of blue italics works well (and I'm using it manually for now for posts that are complex enough to warrant it).

Just to be clear, italic style is already forced by forum's engine, to get blue +italics in quotes, the color addition is enough.

But I also like, and probably prefer, quoted material italicized in the default font color (black) enclosed in a "bubble" (?) border with a slightly darker or different hue background, allowing users to use bbCode to alter the font color or other attributes in the quoted material for emphasis.

Sure, the lighter/darker background is used almost everywere and it works perfectly, there's no need to reinvent the wheel.

I consider the blue quotes a (good) workaround (or an easy way to mod the actual skin for the webmaster), that's all.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.