Confirm closing Vivaldi

• Accidentally clicking the upper right (or upper left for some people) "X" will close Vivaldi and all the pages loaded. Having to restart and reload those pages is annoying.
    Opera had a nice option to prevent this: you had to confirm that you really want to end the session and close Opera.

• Dislike the idea. Most OS's already have too many confirmation prompts.

It absolutely necessary, please - please! - only as a configurable option, best turned off by default.

If I wanted to be asked on each and every decision and be "assisted" by some dialog which knows better what's best for me, I'd stayed with Windows...

• @morg42 said in Confirm closing Vivaldi:

Dislike the idea. Most OS's already have too many confirmation prompts.

It absolutely necessary, please - please! - only as a configurable option, best turned off by default.

If I wanted to be asked on each and every decision and be "assisted" by some dialog which knows better what's best for me, I'd stayed with Windows...

DON'T PANIC.
    I said "option" and that's the way Opera handled it.

I agree with you both. I don't like, but Opera 12.18 has it as an option, which is off by default.

Opera also has a timer, so you don't need to take any further action after clicking the X.

0_1517432596351_Confirm Exit.png

• @ghpy said in Confirm closing Vivaldi:

DON'T PANIC.

I got my towel right here... ;)

• This option is a must.

Session restore is one thing, but you can not restore the in-app state of a game or a web app.

• Would like this very much as an option.

• I think to this option they must add Save and Quit warning like on Firefox when close web browser with more than one tab
    alt text

It's in the Pipeline.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.