Option to Display Tab Temporarily by Hovering its Thumbnail

• A tab thumbnail is often too small to differentiate correctly 2 similar tabs. It would be great to be able to display the full tab by just hovering its popup thumbnail.

However, the tab would still NOT be selected until we really click on the tab/thumbnail. In other terms, moving the mouse outside the thumbnail would display back the currently selected tab.

@guilimote If the tab is displayed on hovering the tab, there is no purpose to having a popup thumbnail.

I think the option should be a radio button to show Popup Thumbnails or to show the tab.

If Show Tab Thumbnails is enabled, then showing the tab on hovering the thumbnail still makes sense.

• @pesala It would be more consistent for tab stacks: I don't see any other way to preview than thumbnails for tab stacks. Having two different behaviour for stacks and non-stacks might be disturbing. With the need to hover the thumbnail, the behavior remain the same for stacks and single tabs.

Moreover: Even if from a personal point of view, I would love seeing the full tab immediately without thumbnail, I assume that a lot of people would find this "agressive". The need to hover the thumbnail might be a good compromise here too, because done only when the small thumbnail is not precise enough.

But, hey, you're right: an option to choose the behavior is even better 😉

@guilimote When popup thumbnails are disabled, tooltips are shown instead so thumbnails are not needed even for tab stacks if hovering shows the tab temporarily.

• Tab stack with 2 tabs (over the tab stack)
    • Page Title when hovering over the 5 pixel tab selection handle

0_1535580951595_Tab Stack with 2 Tabs.png
    0_1535580853418_Tab Stack Titles.png

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.