Save Opened files in Temporary Folder

• Vivaldi Translator

@Pesala But that only really applies to PDFs. Old Opera I believe had this option for all files, regardless of type. So if you were about to download a Word doc and you press "Open", it would save the doc in a temporary folder and open it in Word.

I'd say that I delete at least 50% of all files I download after I have viewed them, so making "Open" only store files temporarily would be amazing.

• for me this is the single most annoying thing that prevents me from using Vivaldi as my main browser. i would take this feature request even further by adding a firefox style 'Open with' function.
    as as it has been previously already said, this is not just about pdf sites, but word, xls documents, torrent files, etc. i honestly cannot imagine how the millions of chrome users are able live without this feature

• @molnart said in Save Opened files in Temporary Folder:

i would take this feature request even further by adding a firefox style 'Open with' function.

Vote for Open With in Download Manager

• Already several posts clearly showing that this 'feature' is important, but unfortunately still missing!
    Having to go through the 'download' folder to delete the downloaded files is troublesome... 'Open' should mean 'open', not save.
    Looking forward to seeing this implemented soon. Thanks!

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.