Password Protected Mode to Protect your Profile

• I think it would be a great step in data security. 🙂

alt text

• I think when the email client arrives, something like this would be needed.

• In my opinion, this is one of the most important characteristics and I cannot understand why this has been ignored so far?

• You should be able to make different passwords for different sessions.
    For example, my "home" session/profile does not need password, while my "work" session/profile should have one.

I agree, very good idea, and useful step in additional security.
    This may look like this:

0_1519029795246_Master_Pasword_Login.png
    I also created New Feature report under VB-37826

• @cheve11e_191

Possibly 2-step verification would also be an option...

• Recently I've been syncing my Home & Work PCs together and since the Work PC might be accessed by anyone other than me, I really like to be able to Password Protect my Vivaldi so that no one other than ME can access my Sessions, Bookmarks & History (Any Profile Data at all).

This is a much needed feature request (at least for me!)...

• @neltherion said in Password Protected Mode to Protect your Profile:

Recently I've been syncing my Home & Work PCs together and since the Work PC might be accessed by anyone other than me, I really like to be able to Password Protect my Vivaldi so that no one other than ME can access my Sessions, Bookmarks & History (Any Profile Data at all).

This is a much needed feature request (at least for me!)...

I second this. And by extension, the profile files must be properly encrypted so that the user data isn't just available from drive without the password.
    And preferably with an existing file encryption solution with existing tools for mounting a virtual decrypted drive for modding and data recovery outside of Vivaldi.

• Remember!
    User files in windows directory must also be protected against copying.

This is my most expected update.

I don't match my passwords at work right now.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.