Floating sidebar panels

• As a switch in the context menu of the given panel to display it above the page, without resizing the document window. Clicking outside the panel should close it.

• Vote +1.

Also, closing activation should include shift focus away from panel & wait for 10s delay after mouse-out from panel.

Stop closing countdown when drag & drop link/element from webpage to panel.

• Yeah. I came just to give this request. I really don't like that my pages reflow everytime I open a panel, as its not a smooth animation. Usually I only use the Download panel, so I believe that for people that use more panels that is more annoying.

• @dude99 I would even add auto-open the panel overlay on mouseover (for example move the mouse all the way to the left, would summon the overlay)

• +1
    That would be a huge plus in terms of customization.
    The script in customization forums is one of the most upvoted, the interest is definately there.

• Great to know people's asking this already.
    Right now it's kinda possible with modding: https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/10590/overlay-panels/63?page=4

• I would like to request the same thing, but for me it can just be a global option in settings.

Also, auto-hide would be important for me. A floating menu/panel can just close when your mouse leaves the area. There's no need to click. In fact the manual closing of the panel might be a bigger issue for me than it disturbing the layout of the page.

And finally, if auto-hide is an option - it might as well include auto-show on hover as a third option. :)
    Much like the popup thumbnails for tabs.

• Vivaldi Ambassador

@mdnjou I made a new version with an option that includes auto-hide, check it out :) https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/10590/overlay-panels/91

πŸ’‘ FYI, this request is internally under VB-18296

• @cheve11e_191 Unfortunately no "In-Progress" tag yet ;(

@g3nbas Yes, true. There is lot of Feature Request without "In Progress" tag, but the V Team definitely want this. We only must wait and vote for this Feature as much as possible to start developing and speed up a process. πŸ˜‰

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.