src="https://update.vivaldi.com/stats/piwik.php?idsite=1&rec=1&bots=1" style="border:0;" alt=""

New Vivaldi snapshot with Chromium 41 and auto-update on Windows!

• Vivaldi Team

Hi y'all, This week's big news is an update to Chromium 41. It has been merged into Vivaldi for this snapshot build. We've also enabled first implementation of auto-update although it's only available on Windows 32-bit so far. There is still a lot of work to be done before it is completed, but the basics are now in. And as we Linux users know, we'll have other means of getting our update fix! :) https://vivaldi.net/en-US/blogs/teamblog/item/16-new-snapshot-with-an-update-for-chromium-and-auto-update-on-windows //Christian - Vivaldi Technologies

• Unfortunately, the new snapshot doesn't have/recognize installed flash player on Linux.
    Do you have any solution to this "feature"?

• Same here. Flash player vanished from plugins list; links to flash vídeos don't work.

• Which type of Flash?

• Same here.
    Chromium Pepperflash:

Adobe Flash Player - Version: 16.0.0.235
    Shockwave Flash 16.0 r0
    Name: Shockwave Flash
    Description: Shockwave Flash 16.0 r0
    Version: 16.0.0.235
    Location: /usr/lib/pepperflashplugin-nonfree/libpepflashplayer.so
    Type: PPAPI (out-of-process)

ps: My System OS Linux Mint 17.1 64bit

• in my case it was:

Adobe Flash Player - Version: 17.0.0.134
    Shockwave Flash 17.0 r0
    Name: Shockwave Flash
    Description: Shockwave Flash 17.0 r0
    Version: 17.0.0.134
    Type: PPAPI (out-of-process)

• Bug with no main buttons:

It occurs only if tabs bar is on the left (which is my default way of using it).
    The same problem is in Windows 64-bit version.

• Same here on Fedora 21 workstation

Adobe Flash Player - Versión: 17.0.0.134
    Shockwave Flash 17.0 r0
    Nombre: Shockwave Flash
    Descripción: Shockwave Flash 17.0 r0
    Versión: 17.0.0.134
    Ubicación: /usr/lib64/chromium/PepperFlash/libpepflashplayer.so
    Tipo: PPAPI (fuera de proceso)

• "1.0.135.2 (Developer Build) snapshot" in Mint 17.1 x64 KDE also lost its flash.

I don't think i've read anyone else mention this, which surprised me, but whilst this snapshot has been HUGELY more reliable / stable for me than all prior SNs & TPs [yay++], disappointingly it lost all my passwords upon upgrade, & refuses to store them even after i've manually re-entered them. Has no other Linux user had this issue? I know the Known Issues mentions something peripherally about this but i don't understand what it means about Chrome running…"Import of passwords from Chrome does not work while Chrome is running". I do not use or install Chrome; it's simply that in 1.0.129.2 i had my passwords [but LOTS of page crashes], whereas in 1.0.135.2 i have no passwords [but NO page crashes]. It's a funny old thing, progress… :unsure:

• @Steffie:

(…) disappointingly it lost all my passwords upon upgrade, & refuses to store them even after i've manually re-entered them. Has no other Linux user had this issue?

Hello,
    Same thing here. :(
    I use KWallet and link between it and the last snapshot is broken : passwords not recovered and not stored.

• @ Steffie

Well, with this browser on a fast track development, with lots of changes going on, it's probably wise to start with a fresh profile now and then, particularly when you have major problems like passwords not sticking (I don't suffer from your issue, BTW). Maybe try a fresh profile and see what happens. I know it's annoying, but sometimes that's the only thing you can do, particularly with software that's new and in heavy development.

Shut down Vivaldi, then go to ~/.config/vivaldi-snapshot with your favourite file manager, and find the directory named Default, then rename it (Default.bak would do). Now start Vivaldi, and it should recreate a new instance of ~/.config/vivaldi-snapshot/Default (a fresh profile). See if that solves the issue for you. You can return back to your old profile by restoring the original name of your Default.bak directory back to Default (naturally, deleting or renaming the new one). You might be able to transfer individual files within the old profile and the new, but I'm not sure if that's possible with some of the files or desirable.

• For me, same password issue with a fresh profile…

• I get my update fix through injection … LoL ;)

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.