Find Next/Previous Without Showing Toolbar

F3, Shift F3 should not show the Find in Page toolbar unless the search string is empty. If it is not found an audible beep or popup message could be used.

(VB-18100) Find in Page Toolbar Shows with F3 Find Next

• Why not continue to display the bar at least in case the search is not found?

But I must admit that I personally like the current behavior... 😉 So I would prefer this to be either optional, or still active when the search is not found (useful to know that the search has been done on the expected word).
    I think that the "popup message" solution would be more intrusive that the current "search bar display".

@guilimote said in Find Next/Previous Without Showing Toolbar:

Why not continue to display the bar at least in case the search is not found?

Because the find toolbar is not needed when search multiple tabs for the same search string. A popup can disappear after a time like the download notification popup. I would prefer a sound — I work alone so it won't annoy any co-workers, but a popup notification is better for others.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.