Built in Support for Userstyles

• Add functionality such as that offered by the "stylus" and similar extensions. Allow custom stylesheets to be injected to certain webpages.

• chrome already has userscript support. A userscript has the following preamble:

// ==UserScript==
    // @name         Name
    // @namespace    lonm.name
    // @version      1.0.0
    // @description  stuff
    // @author       lonm
    // @match        *://vivaldi.*/*
    // ==/UserScript==

code goes here

For userstyles I would suggest the same

/* UserStyle
    @name         Name
    @namespace    lonm.name
    @version      1.0.0
    @description  stuff
    @author       lonm
    /UserStyle */

The only issue is figuring out a wildcard for url pattern matching, because the */ is already used to end comments in css.

• It could be nice to integrate with userstyles.org, as that seems to be a resource lots of people like to use.

• @lonm Could you post a sample of css embedded in a js userscript?
    I always forget if/how can be done ^^,

• @hadden89 Here is one that changes how the vivaldi blogs admin page look when in a web panel: https://github.com/LonMcGregor/CustomStyles/blob/master/vivaldiblogs.user.js

Interestingly, if I click the "raw" button, I get a prompt about installing it not being allowed... I guess vivaldi recognises it as a user.js, but only allows installation on the vivaldi://extensions page in dev mode.

• @lonm said in Built in Support for Userstyles:

I guess vivaldi recognises it as a user.js, but only allows installation on the vivaldi://extensions page in dev mode.

With one of the latest versions there was a change in the underlying Chromium code and since then both, extensions not from the chrome store and user.js need to be installed in dev mode.
    No way around it as long as Vivaldi does not have its own store.

[personal opinion]
    The chromium code was changed for "security reasons" - which would make sense if Google would finally get around and check extensions and the updates thoroughly on every update, which they don't. There is always a chance for malicious extensions in the chrome store as could be seen lately with the "MEGA" extension and previously with extensions like "Better History" and a whole lot of others.
    [/personal opinion]

• @quhno It seems they check after the updates or user reports. Which is quite "pointless", risky and sad.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.