RSS and Atom reader

• see Newsfox: essentially M2 or Smart RSS functionality with middle click on article list to open in new tab (or enter to open all selected in new tabs)

• I'd would like one with images like brief

• Also, to be able to open in background tab. The biggest issue I have with separate RSS readers is losing focus on the reader with every tab I open. My workflow is to open a lot of tabs from my RSS feeds first and then go read them. That means I'm constantly clicking back and forth from the reader to the browser and back.

• I'm guessing this will be part of the integrated mail client. But if it won't (of if that's too far out), I could live with an RSS panel with dynamic settings in the sidebar (and an accompanying symbol in the address bar automatically recognizing feeds so I only need to click to add them, like old Opera).

• I liked M2's 3-column layout.

Having used M2's integration of both mail and RSS, I would much prefer to keep the mail and feeds separate.

A side panel would be nice, for example, to list feed items, when clicked on they open the feed item in a new tab. (Ideally, each subsequent click of a panel feed item opens the full feed item in this same tab , without spawning tons of new ones).

For my needs, I don't really care about seeing a list of subscribed feeds, so 2 columns is enough.

• Vivaldi Translator

@lonm Yes, a dedicated panel type this extension RSS Feed Reader would be perfect for my use.
    alt text

There a lot sites that uses the RSS to promote their articles and It would follow them better. Mainly the Vivaldi blogs.

• Is it planned to sync these aswell or that something like Feedbin can be integrated? Otherwise this won't be useful for me.

@mau That hasn't been discussed. We'll have to wait and see.

• well, I'd love to have TT-RSS integration, but since it natively doesn't support my workflow anyway it wouldn't be especially useful...

if we get complete newsfox workflow I can give up sync with no complains

• All I need from any browser-integrated RSS functionality is that when I navigate to an URL such as https://vivaldi.com/feed/ the browser renders it in that tab as something remotely resembling a webpage (e.g., like Firefox) instead of spewing out source code like Vivaldi. Can I have that?

@lonm said in RSS and Atom reader:

A side panel would be nice, for example, to list feed items, when clicked on they open the feed item in a new tab. (Ideally, each subsequent click of a panel feed item opens the full feed item in this same tab , without spawning tons of new ones).

If it were a panel, I could create folders (like bookmarks) to organize my feeds.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.