Disabling Bookmarks Bar Locks Vivaldi

• 1.14.1077.25 (Official Build) (32-bit)
    Windows 10 (tested on 2 different systems)

Menu\View(unselect)Show Bookmark Bar

At this point Vivaldi is unresponsive and must be restarted. (Ctrl-Shift-B works fine).

@x-15a2 Unable to reproduce this on my Win 10 systems. Do you use any extensions?

• @ayespy Yep, I'll disable and report back.
    OK, I disabled all extensions, same issue.
    I then created a new user profile, then enabled Show Bookmarks Bar, restarted Vivaldi, then moused Menu\View\Show Bookmarks Bar , and Vivaldi locked up again.

This is something that I do quite often at work and I've never encountered this symptom before the current snapshot. Please let me know if I can provide any other details.
    Thanks!

@x-15a2 Anything special or unique about your systems? I have 3 Win10 systems here, on widely varying software, and none of them do it.

Further, I have tried it in Stable, Snapshot stream, and the internal tester version, and can't reproduce it.

Do you use any command line switches? Anything like that?

@x-15a2 Also, when you created your new user profile, you tested this BEFORE you moved any data into it from the old profile? In other words, you simply closed the browser, renamed "Default," opened it, and tried the maneuver with the virgin profile?

• Anything special or unique about your systems? I have 3 Win10 systems here, on widely varying software, and none of them do it.

Nope, 1 is my home system, the other is my office system.

I have 3 Win10 systems here, on widely varying software, and none of them do it.

I only tried on 2, didn't test on my wife's system as she was using it...

Further, I have tried it in Stable, Snapshot stream, and the internal tester version, and can't reproduce it.

As stated, this seemed to be specific to Snapshot 1.14.1077.25

@x-15a2 Also, when you created your new user profile, you tested this BEFORE you moved any data into it from the old profile?

No, I did exactly as I stated in my previous post. I didn't move any data at all from my old profile, this was a clean, unmodified profile.

In other words, you simply closed the browser, renamed "Default," opened it, and tried the maneuver with the virgin profile?

I actually renamed the entire ..\Vivaldi\User Data folder and let Vivaldi recreate it.

Just now, I did exactly the same thing (including a virgin User Data folder), but this time I installed 1.14.1077.41 (Stable channel) (32-bit) and the problem is not replicated. I restored my original User Data folder and the problem is still gone. So, it's not related to extensions, or settings, or something specific to my 2 very differently configured Win10 environments, this seemed to be specific to Snapshot 1.14.1077.25.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.