Speed Dial Navigation Problem

• Hi there

It's not really a bug more of a HCI QoL issue. Sometimes I use a wifi remote/air mouse as my PC is part of a media centre and it's a little difficult to use the cursor keys in order to scroll down the start page.

Upon loading when using new tab/window the cursor is fixed on the address bar and the only way possible to navigate speed dials with the remote is by the following:

• Click and hold the scroll bar and use the air mouse to move down the page.

• Enter fullscreen mode (can exit afterwards without removing functionality).

• Double clicking a blank areea to bring up the add shortcut menu then close it again.

The same occurs when using the [Home] shortcut, with the only difference being no cursor focus on the address bar.

It's only a minor inconvenience and I guess the number of people who use Vivaldi in a similar circumstance are few but thought I'd mention it anyway.

@huntardy Either press F9 to focus the page, or Settings, Tabs, Tab Handling, enable Focus Page Content on New Tab.

Then you can use the Tab/Shift+Tab keys to select the thumbnails.

You can use keys for SpeedDial.

Hit Esc
    then you can use key Tab/Shift+Tab to jump to next/previous.

• This post is deleted!

• @pesala said in Speed Dial Navigation Problem:

Settings, Tabs, Tab Handling, enable Focus Page Content on New Tab

Thank you, this fixed my problem, well mostly. It still persists when using the [home] shortcut and the remotes lack of function keys or tab, will just remember to use new tab and close down old ones.

The navigation on Speed Dial is not very smooth.
    That has to be refined, but here are so many other issues for the dev team to fix with higher priority.

For the clumsy Startpage (SpeedDIal) navigation feel free to report that as a bug.

How to do a bug report for Vivaldi

Report each bug separately at https://vivaldi.com/bugreport/
    Describe the issue as precise as you can.
    Add some information about extensions you use.
    Add information about the operating system and version you use.
    Add some information which security tools you use.
    If you have problems with video or audio give us information about your installed codecs and graphics
    card/GPU.
    Add a exact link to the page where the issue comes up and can be tested.
    After reporting the issue, you will receive a confirmation mail from the bugtracker.
    In a reply to this mail you can add more information and files (like screenshots or testcases) as
    attachments and it will be added automatically to bug report.

If you have questions about the bug please ask in forum first and do not forget to post the VB-XXXXX
    bug number (you can find it in confirmation mail).

Thanks in advance for helping us to make Vivaldi better!

Not really a bug. Better vote for this feature request, which I just added.

@pesala said in Feature requests for Vivaldi 1.14:

Speed Dial Navigation with Keyboard Cursor Keys

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.