1.14.1077.3 Visited links do not stay marked as visited with Stylish

• Hi,

I am using Vivaldi 1.14.1077.3 (Offizieller Build) (64-Bit) together with the »stylish« extension. I have created the following style to mark my visited links as read:

a:visited
      {
        color: #EE2200 !important;
      }

This style works – but only for a few minutes (sometimes more, sometimes less). After that time the markup color is replaced by the original one. What can I do to make the markup coloror permanent while Vivaldi is open? I have only installed »AdBlock Plus« as an additional extension.

Thank you and kind regards
    Albert

• Your code works for me, but I'm using Stylus. Stylish was overtaken by a new company, its reputation has taken a hit. Don't know if this is your problem of course, but might be worth trying another extension. And if only to make sure Stylish is not the cause.

@akapune Does this changeback of visited color happen on every page or on special URLs?

• This changeback is not specific to special URLs. And it does not depend on the extension used. I observed it also with »Visited« and »Stylus« on several Win 7 and 10 machines.

@akapune said in Visited links do not stay marked as visited:

a:visited

A link can be :visited and :active
    May be the site has some styles for combined selectors.

But i can not reproduce your problem.

I added a version to title as you use a Snapshot (BETA) version of Vivaldi.

@akapune Does this happen of 1.13 Stable, too?

I changed the color to blue for visited links in this forum and waited and waited … 12 minutes. The color for visited link stays.

• Sorry for my delayed answer. But as it seems that I am the only one here having this problem I let Vivaldi create a new »default« profile. After that I restored my old settings manually step by step. And since then the visited links are staying marked … so far. I cloned that profile to the other two machines which had the same problem and hope that it will also work in the future.

Kind regards
    Albert

• I apologize for reanimating this thread – but the problem is back. And I think that I found the reason: The default setting (out of the box) in Tools > Privacy > Save Browsing History is »Three months«. When I change it to »Session only« the markup color of the visited links gets replaced by the original one after a few minutes time.

This behaviour stays – even if I switch back to »Three months« or any other setting. To make the color stay again I have to replace my »Default« configuration by my (working) backup from the day before. Fortunately, I make backups every evening … 🙂

Kind regards
    Albert

Now, I can confirm this! I tried with my 1.14 whose privacy is set to session.
    In forum here the red color of a visited link disappeared after a (is used Stylus extension)!

//EDIT: The same in 1.15.1089.3

Bug reported as
    VB-37226 "Visited links color does not stay - Extension Stylish"

Did someone re-test it? Or is it resolved?

• Still the same behaviour: Changing the browser history from three months to any other time (and back) makes the visited color disappear after a short time.

Kind regards
    Albert

@akapune I added your additional information to bugtracker.

Cant reproduce in current Stylus and Vivaldi, closed the bug.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.