[Solved] FastStone Capture's Scrolling Window function doesn't work in Vivaldi

• Vivaldi's version: 1.13.1008.40
    FS Capture's version: 8.7 (the latest to date)

When invoking the Scrolling Window capture method in FS Capture, the yellow bar appears at the bottom to indicate that a scrolling is in progress but the window itself doesn't scroll in Vivaldi. It works in other browsers.

I know Vivaldi has a built-in tool for taking a full page screenshot, which could be used as a workaround, but it doesn't quite fit my workflow.

Thank you.

@shain I also use FastStone capture. Which page are you trying to capture?

I recommend using Vivaldi's capture, as it is much faster for long scrolling pages. When the Explorer Folder opens with the screenshot selected, right-click and open it with FastStone Capture to add annotations.

0_1516750536756_Open With FastStone Capture.png

• I don't use an extension for screencaptures, because with an extension I can´t make an capture without the navigator.
    I'm using ShareX (OpenSource) for captures of text (OCR)), image, gif, vídeo, scroll, fullpage, edit and host them for share. Much better than extensions.

https://getsharex.com/

• Thanks. The problem seems to have been solved with the most recent Vivaldi update, which at the time of this writing is version 1.13.1008.44.

The built-in tool in Vivladi is not as consistent as FS Capture from my experience. Sometimes it works very well, other times the stitches show. I like it and it's helpful, but wanted to get the scrolling screenshot in FS Capture to work as well.

FS Capture is not an extension but a standalone program very similar to ShareX.
    @Catweazle, can ShareX consistently take a seamless full page screenshot without the stitches showing?

• @shain said in FastStone Capture's Scrolling Window function doesn't work in Vivaldi:

Thanks. The problem seems to have been solved with the most recent Vivaldi update, which at the time of this writing is version 1.13.1008.44.

The built-in tool in Vivladi is not as consistent as FS Capture from my experience. Sometimes it works very well, other times the stitches show. I like it and it's helpful, but wanted to get the scrolling screenshot in FS Capture to work as well.

FS Capture is not an extension but a standalone program very similar to ShareX.
    @Catweazle, can ShareX consistently take a seamless full page screenshot without the stitches showing?

Yes, it can, FS Capture is a good program, but it is a commercial program. ShareX has the same functions but it is Open Source and free. I have also tried others, such as Greenshot, PickPic and Postimage, but ShareX is undoubtedly the best of them

Function
    • Editor
    • Fullscreen
    • Active window
    • Active monitor
    • Window menu
    • Monitor menu
    • Region
    • Region (Light)
    • Region (Transparent)
    • Last region
    • Custom region
    • Screen recording
    • Screen recording (GIF)
    • Scrolling capture
    • Webpage capture
    • Text capture (OCR)
    • Auto capture
    • Upload capture and images to hosts and imagesharer

and more

• @catweazle Thanks. I haven't tried SharX in quite a while now. ShareX,l and Screenshot Captor (by mouser from Donationcoder) are what I used for a couple of years before switching to FS Capture. While both were very adequate they also had their rough edges in terms of functionality, which eventually led me to look for an alternative. Apart from the outdated "ugly" (this is subjective, of course) interface, I've found in FS Capture everything I needed. It does everything flawlessly as far as I'm concerned and it's also very lightweight. I don't mind paying for a good piece of software and FS Capture is the most reliable and straightforward screen capture program I've ever had a chance to use.

I'll give ShareX a try out of curiosity because it sounds like it matured quite a bit since I last used it.

• I can't find a scrolling or any other kind of capture in Vivaldi, where is it please?

@garyf The screen capture icon is in the Status bar between the tiling icon and page actions.

It is also on the Tools menu.

Specs: AMD A10-6800K, 8 Gb on Win 10 64-bit • Snapshot 1.14.1077.25 (64-bit)

• Thanks.
    I have never even seen the status bar before! Odd place to put things, but thanks, I would never have found that.
    The capture in the tools menu only has 2 options, page and area. I usually want to capture the whole scrolling page so that's what I was looking for. Thanks for your help. 🙂

@garyf But you can find it in other places. 💡
    Hit F2 and type Screensh
    Or use Vivaldi menu Tools → Capture

@garyf Capturing the page does capture the entire scrolling page.

• @catweazle That great piece of software is one of the few things that I really miss since i swap to Linux Mint 😃
    Very powerful images swissknife and if used in conjunction with CopyQ it's the top 😜

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.