Redirect notice

• I'm using Vivaldi v1.13.1008.40 (Stable channel) (64-bit) on Mac OS X 10.12.6.

I use Google News as my home page and it seems that every click on any news headline generates a "Redirect notice" from Vivaldi. The notice says: "The previous page is sending you to...." then the link I just clicked on. The page doesn't continue until I click it again.

I can't find a setting for this anywhere or any posts having to do with this. It also doesn't do this with Chrome -- Chrome just goes to the link. Anybody have any advice? Thanks!

• That’s funny, Google News worked fine for me until I started debugging it in Developer tools and now links like this one result in that “Redirect Notice”.

To be clear, it’s not Vivaldi that’s generating that redirect message, it’s Google’s servers treating the clicks with suspicion.

I don’t think there’s anything you can do, except perhaps making Vivaldi pretend to be Chrome, in case Google is more trusting of kin.

PS: As a workaround, consider disabling Javascript just for https://news.google.com/news/

PPS: It started working again; maybe open the links not by clicking, but by middle-clicking, or even better with the Open Link in new Tab (Over a Link) mouse gesture.

• @dantesoft said in Redirect notice:

I don’t think there’s anything you can do, except perhaps making Vivaldi pretend to be Chrome, in case Google is more trusting of kin.

Checked some of the news - it doesn't seem to be directly related with the dev tools afaics, but those who get the redirection warning get it in Chrome too, so probably no luck with that too ...

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.