Downgrading from Snapshot to Stable?

• Is it possible to downgrade from the snapshot version to the stable version without losing my bookmarks, passwords, settings, etc?

@brandonwho Yes - but the User Data folder for the current Snapshot may not be compatible with the Stable at this time, due to added features.

For that reason, rename the User Data folder, delete the Application folder, and install the Stable. It will start out with none of your data. Once it's installed, close it and go to the installed directory, open both the new User Data folder and the old, renamed Data folder, and in the old folder, open the Default folder. From it, you can safely copy the Bookmarks, Login Data, History, Cookies, Top Sites, Favicons, Notes and possibly one or two other files (I've only mentioned the ones I'm sure are safe) from the old Default folder into the new Default folder, replacing the ones in the new folder.

You might even be able to copy over sessions and tabs files without a problem.

From there, you can set up the new Stable version the way you like, and all of your critical data will be present.

• @ayespy said in Downgrading from Snapshot to Stable?:

@brandonwho Yes - but the User Data folder for the current Snapshot may not be compatible with the Stable at this time, due to added features.

For that reason, rename the User Data folder, delete the Application folder, and install the Stable. It will start out with none of your data. Once it's installed, close it and go to the installed directory, open both the new User Data folder and the old, renamed Data folder, and in the old folder, open the Default folder. From it, you can safely copy the Bookmarks, Login Data, History, Cookies, Top Sites, Favicons, Notes and possibly one or two other files (I've only mentioned the ones I'm sure are safe) from the old Default folder into the new Default folder, replacing the ones in the new folder.

You might even be able to copy over sessions and tabs files without a problem.

From there, you can set up the new Stable version the way you like, and all of your critical data will be present.

Okay, I'll do that. Thanks for the help! 🙂

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.