Sync: Setting up new browser results in the default bookmarks getting merged into "my" bookmarks

• Today I've connected a second (freshly installed) Vivaldi to my Sync account and this resulted in the default bookmarks (and speed dials) being merged into "my" bookmarks on the server.

I think there should be at least a small note that this might happen if you don't clean the bookmarks beforehand. Or please give us a button to bootstrap Vivaldi from the contents on the Sync server only.

@mbirth Merging is the safest (and usually default) form of sync. Sync is an incomplete product, and not released to general public use in the stable stream for that reason. More options and refinements will come over time.

• Of course, merging is the safest way. However, a freshly setup Vivaldi doesn't contain any personal data. So dropping the pre-defined bookmarks would be no problem. Or maybe moving the default data to Trash would be a good compromise as nothing would be completely "gone".

Also I thought, Sync was THE feature of the soon-to-be-released 1.14? Or am I wrong and it will be kept in the Snapshots for more versions to come?

@mbirth There has needed to be a pretty heavy re-write of the backend. I believe it will remain available in snapshots, but might not be released with 1.14. We will have to see. We are sooooooo close! But usability and user data safety come first.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.