Ctrl + Shift + Arrow Keys Breaking Vivaldi?

• I have some global hotkeys for Volume2 that require me to use Ctrl+shift and an arrow key for my media player. I have noticed that if I push any of those keys, Vivaldi becomes nearly unusable. Everything I click on in the browser becomes highlighted, if I click on address bar, it just reloads the page or some other page, and if I click a tab, it becomes highlighted. There doesn't seem to be a way to toggle this off once it's initiated until I close the browser, and there are no hotkeys for the keys specified in the Keyboard settings.

I know that the problem isn't with any programs outside of Vivaldi because I have disabled all that use the hotkey and it still happens only with this browser.

I hope that there is a way to disable this, as it is annoying.

@icarus77 It maybe spatial navigation shortcuts that are interfering. Search Settings for "navigation" and delete the shortcuts or change them.

Please report this to our developers.

How to do a bug report for Vivaldi

Report each bug separately at https://vivaldi.com/bugreport/
    Describe the issue as precise as you can.
    Add some information about extensions you use.
    Add information about the operating system and version you use.
    Add some information which security tools you use.
    If you have problems with video or audio give us information about your installed codecs and graphics
    card/GPU.
    Add a exact link to the page where the issue comes up and can be tested.
    After reporting the issue, you will receive a confirmation mail from the bugtracker.
    In a reply to this mail you can add more information and files (like screenshots or testcases) as
    attachments and it will be added automatically to bug report.

If you have questions about the bug please ask in forum first and do not forget to post the VB-XXXXX
    bug number (you can find it in confirmation mail).

Thanks in advance for helping us to make Vivaldi better!

• @icarus77 No it does not. This also smells like a .dll issue.
    If it really is an .dll problem anything might be causing that. Shared .dlls used to cause that conflict back in days. Old .dlls make the same effect too. Debugging Vivaldi(or better repairing it by reinstalling) can give a clue
    I hope it's only a software problem not a hardware so it can be solved without too many efforts

edit: did you try changing hotkey combination?

• @pesala this one sounds reasonabe :thumbsup:

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.