From Stable to Snapshots Question

• I'm using Mint Linux 18.3, and both the stable and snapshots are in the Mint repository in the software manager. The nice thing with this is, both are installed side-by-side and can be run side-by-side, one not interfering with the other.

How would I copy all my settings, history, etc., including extensions from the stable to snapshot version?

I tried copying the default directory from /home/.config/vivaldi/default from stable to snapshot, but that only took the history, bookmarks, etc. over, but not the extensions, settings, wallpaper.

Is there an easy way?

For the list of folders and files, have a look at the Help Pages (F1) - How to fully reset your profile.

• Thank you for the reply, but what is there in help is what I did, but it does not work right.

To confirm:

When both were closed,

I deleted the "Default" folder in the snapshot vivaldi.

I then copied the "Default" folder from vivaldi stable to the snapshot vivaldi. (/home/david/.config/vivaldi/Default) to (/home/david/.config/vivaldi-snapshot/Default)

What does work: the history, the bookmarks. The extensions are there, but a mess. I've included screenshots of this as an example:

This is from the upper right of the stable vivaldi:
    0_1515778635125_vivaldi stable.png

This is what I get on the snapshot:
    0_1515778650945_vivaldi snapshot.png

The right way is to copy some of the files stored in the Default folder into the other Vivaldi.

• @felemur
    Hi, iirc if you reinstall the extensions the old settings will be applied.
    At moment not all settings are reproducible from one instance to another, I fear.

Cheers, mib

• @mib2berlin said in From Stable to Snapshots Question:

@felemur
    Hi, iirc if you reinstall the extensions the old settings will be applied.
    At moment not all settings are reproducible from one instance to another, I fear.

Cheers, mib

OK, thanks - I was starting to suspect that, but nice to have confirmed.

• @lamarca said in From Stable to Snapshots Question:

The right way is to copy some of the files stored in the Default folder into the other Vivaldi.

That was the first thing I tried, but really, I don't know enough to know what to choose, so that way didn't pan out for me.

So I will tag this topic as resolved.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.