Problem with browser reload after crash

• Hi. I was happy at first but have stopped using Vivaldi and am ready to remove it as my default browser because I am having too many problems with it. I guess I am classified as a power user because I get on average 10 windows open with 50 to 100 tabs each. I am autistic. This is just how I function. It's how I have always used the internet and I don't see it changing anytime soon. What I really need is a browser that adapts to my needs.

Anyways this the problem I am having now and the reason I have stopped using vivaldi: It's because the last session and other recent sessions in vivaldi when I max out and the browser started to hang, I try and save all my bookmarks and close each window. However, this process is excruciatingly SLOW. With 10 windows open, just the act of trying to bookmark and close one window takes 5 minutes. I have a quad core processor and 16 MB of RAM, and 1TB hard drive. Should I really be having this problem? So just the act of of saving or closing one window now seems enough to crash vivaldi. Then when it reopens it takes 10 minutes or more to reload all the windows. Why is this happening. I don't need thumbnail pictures and screenshots for all the pages, just the URL text placeholders in the address bar. Whatever is causing this is insane.

So, anyways I cannot get all 1000 of my bookmarked pages saved now and so just trying to open vivaldi has become a major pain in the butt for me. That's my biggest qualm.

Secondly I have determined that no modern browser currently has the features that I want/need. What I want is a browser that doesn't crash and doesn't hang at all period no exceptions. No unnecessary data that slows the browser down from reloading a previous session or saving a window with 100 bookmarks should be saved. Somehow this needs to be fixed because it's the most major problem for me and it's what has caused me to feel that it is virtually impossible to use vivaldi anymore.

• @nmichael79 said in Problem with browser reload after crash:

... I guess I am classified as a power user because I get on average 10 windows open with 50 to 100 tabs each. I am autistic. This is just how I function. It's how I have always used the internet and I don't see it changing anytime soon. ...
    Secondly I have determined that no modern browser currently has the features that I want/need. ...

Having open 1,000 tabs is an extremely heavy load for any browser and the system on which it's running, including Vivaldi. That said, if your primary need is consistently running that high a number of tabs (as you've described), you might consider trying Firefox's Quantum browser which reportedly has handled more than 1,500 tabs at a time. As to whether it offers the other features and organizational functionality which you might need, you'd have to try it to find out. That is one good thing about this era of free browsers... it's easy to try out different ones.

@nmichael79 I interpret the term "power" users as one who takes advantage of flexibility and conformability in a browser to achieve work at a good pace with minimal effort, and to accomplish sophisticated tasks.

A talented Formula1, or NASCAR, or rally, or Le Mans driver, or rallycross driver would be a "power" driver in my view. A driver who loads six tons into his one-ton truck and tries to deliver that load would not. But that's just my view.

Vivaldi strives to become more efficient and resource-thrifty every day, so that even six-ton users on a one-ton computer will succeed with it. In the meantime, however, it strives more particularly to accommodate users to need to place the toolbars anywhere and everywhere, or turn them off altogether; users who need multiple tabs in a single view; fast and instinctive mouse users; fast and instinctive keyboard users; users with a particular workflow that depends on browser elements located "just so," users whose visual requirements are outside the mainstream; users whose office is their browser; users who depend on imagery to focus their attention; users who rely on text to focus their attention; etc., etc., etc. One day it will be the ant that can carry an ox cart on its back. In the meantime, it is the cat that can rule the house over the dogs.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.