Vivaldi for iOS

• Any planning on building it? I was really surprised it's not available.

Yes, I know it has been asked before and I know Apple doesn't allow Chromium on iOS and any browser inside iOS is just a layer over Webkit but, anyway, I consider it quite useful, specially considering all the love you have put into the Bookmarks and new tab window, it would be great to have my bookmarks and sessions available on the go ;). And I think many people think the same and could be a big stopper for people to switch from Chrome or Safari (or Opera).

@almarma It took about 15 years to get an Opera build made that Apple would accept for iOS. With broad enough acceptance and adequate resources, I'm sure Jon will peel off a crew to work on Vivaldi for iOS. But right now there are simply no spare hands (or heads) to work on it.

• @ayespy said in Vivaldi for iOS:

It took about 15 years to get an Opera build made that Apple would accept for iOS

The first iPhone arrived in June 2007, so it's 10 years old. Was Opera building apps for iOS BEFORE it was invented? ;)

I understand there're no spare hands right now, and I'm nobody to complain about it. But I just wanted to explain my view about why I think it's important to consider it too

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.