Extensions using too much RAM

• Hey everyone I'm new to Vivaldi browser and i've been noticing my Chrome extensions are using too much RAM compared to Chromium as you can see in the ScreenShot below.

alt text

Is this normal?

Some info here:

Vivaldi 1.14.1064.3 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    Revision 101bdac9083fd30cd1401b1f679d1e015cf812fc-
    OS Mac OS X (El Capitan)

• Thanks for the reply.

Is there a reason why Vivaldi uses 100%+ more RAM than Chromium does for extensions? And where do I find tips or list of things I can disable to reduce RAM/CPU consumption since I seem to have an intense increase in CPU use when I'm watching a video on YouTube or play a Flash game. (I don't have this issue on Chromium.)

Thanks in advance.

• Seems difficult to judge to me. I'm used to programs using lots of RAM. I have "enough", so it's there to use. I can't say if memory usage goes down on smaller systems or what happens then. Maybe this should be looked at or commented on by one of the devs...?

• I confirm that Vivaldi is using too much RAM for every process, not only for extensions.
    In my case Vivaldi (for Linux) uses more RAM then Opera, and much more then Firefox.
    More - Vivaldi do not release correctly memory after closing unused tabs so usage of RAM is growing with time of working with Vivaldi.
    IMHO it is a bug - some work to do for developers.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.