Vivaldi going beserk (outlook.com)
von Papst last edited by Gwen-Dragon
Since this morning I'm having problems with my Vivaldi. It is latest stable release version x64 and when I open third tab the browser goes beserk, it spikes CPU and starts to hog memory like crazy. Check screenshot. Any Idea why? How to troubleshoot this? I already tried with different pages on tabs it is not web page related.
In Vivaldi please open its task manager with Shift+Esc and check which extension or tab creates such issue.
Looks like there is some background page.
And what is the tab with the blue O icon below the roundcube icon?
Thats Outlook @Gwen-Dragon
Outlook and even if I close it it is still the same. I've tried with different tabs and I still get same result. Background page is starting to eat memory like crazy. I've tried to end process but after restart of browser it starts to eat memory like before.
After several restarts and end process kills of background tabs I finally got to the root cause. It looks like outlook.com page in BETA mode is beserking Vivaldi. After switching back to non beta mode on outlook.com it all came back to normal. Obviously problem on MS side.
@von-papst Ah, OK, is a fault of Microsoft's pages.
mrtata last edited by mrtata
Hi, I can confirm the problem.
I would add that this happens only when the outlook tab is in background(edit: actually not only in background). I can't reproduce this bug with Firefox or Chromium.
Please report such issue with outlook background tab to us.
How to do a bug report for Vivaldi
Report each bug separately at https://vivaldi.com/bugreport/
Describe the issue as precise as you can.
Add some information about extensions you use.
Add information about the operating system and version you use.
Add some information which security tools you use.
If you have problems with video or audio give us information about your installed codecs and graphics
Add a exact link to the page where the issue comes up and can be tested.
After reporting the issue, you will receive a confirmation mail from the bugtracker.
In a reply to this mail you can add more information and files (like screenshots or testcases) as
attachments and it will be added automatically to bug report.
If you have questions about the bug please ask in forum first and do not forget to post the VB-XXXXX
bug number (you can find it in confirmation mail).
Thanks in advance for helping us to make Vivaldi better!
saudiqbal last edited by
I saw the same thing, outlook made my browser freeze and unresponsive.
chenyf last edited by chenyf
I can confirm the same thing. Getting a little tired of all these bugs lately... I checked and outlook.com works fine on chrome and firefox and edge
... And I even tried two machines.. I'm like a vivaldi qa staff...
mtazueco last edited by
I can confirm the same error also: once you enter in Hotmail/Outlook web version, the CPU use start to grow up as crazy!!
Bug is reported as VB-36465 "The outlook web version grow the CPU use as crazy"
chenyf last edited by chenyf
!!! I suggest to test outlook.com first in Private Window (has no extension running) to get a clue if any extension causes high load.
purgatori last edited by
I've been running into the same issue. Opening Outlook.com in a new private window seems to obviate this problem (so far). Here are the extensions I'm using:
- uBlock Origin
- HTTPS Everywhere
- Markdown Here
rseiler last edited by
For those who say it doesn't happen in Chrome, try again. It does, at least here (v64).
uBlock Origin is a prerequisite there too (this could probably be fixed by figuring out which filter is doing it).
It's not as noticeable in Chrome, since the UI is still fluid, but if you keep Task Manager open on the side, it's as plain as day.
I've noticed that it tends to trigger when clicked into Inbox, just like in Vivaldi.
iAN CooG last edited by iAN CooG
@rseiler the most obvious thing to do is to disable/whitelist ub0 on that site. Then maybe open a ticket at ub0 github repo. On reddit they are talking about this
@ian-coog Thanks for more information.
I updated the relevant bug in Vivaldi bugtracker.