« Close Tab Activation: Activate in Recently Used Order » does not work as intended

• I really don’t know how to reproduce that but very often, when I close a tab, instead of activating the most recently used tab, it activates an older, almost leftmost tab.

Does anyone else notices this?

Vivaldi 1.13.1008.34 (Stable channel) (32-bit) on Windows 7
    Vivaldi forgot version on Windows XP

UPDATE

I know how to easily reproduce !

Read all the steps and memorise them before doing them:

1. Alt+P > Tabs > Close Tab Activation: Activate in Recently Used Order
    2. From this PAGE here, middle+click (or Ctrl+click) these links in the following order (they should open in background tabs)
      1. FORUM
      2. VIVALDI
    3. Ctrl+Tab (you should see VIVALDI tab)
    4. Ctrl+Tab (you should see FORUM tab)
    5. Ctrl+Shift+Tab (you should see VIVALDI tab)
    6. Ctrl+W

Expected result

VIVALDI tab closes and you are sent to most recently seen tab, which is FORUM.

1. PAGE
      2.1. PAGE | FORUM
      2.2. PAGE | VIVALDI | FORUM
    2. PAGE | VIVALDI | FORUM
    3. PAGE | VIVALDI | FORUM
    4. PAGE | VIVALDI | FORUM
    5. PAGE | FORUM

Actual result

VIVALDI tab closes and you are sent back to this PAGE tab, which is only second most recently used tab.

1. PAGE
      2.1. PAGE | FORUM
      2.2. PAGE | VIVALDI | FORUM
    2. PAGE | VIVALDI | FORUM
    3. PAGE | VIVALDI | FORUM
    4. PAGE | VIVALDI | FORUM
    5. PAGE | FORUM

• I have now reported the bug at https://vivaldi.com/bugreport/ → VB-36118

@jesus2099 No need to post the link to the Bug, the bugtracker is not public -- just the VB-XXXXX number is enough.

• FTR, I am now in version 1.15.1147.42 (Stable channel) (64-bit) and it still happens.
    I’m still very often put on slightly random older tab (often the very first leftmost tab, often the the tab previous to all recent tabs)… :/

• Here is a new method to reproduce:

It often happens to me, almost always, when I background open (CTRL+clik or middle-click) many links from a tab called A, then CTRL+TAB multiple times until rightmost new tab, then CTRL+W will bring me back to the A tab instead of previous tab.

Now in version 1.15.1147.42 (Stable channel) (64-bit), the latest according to check for updates.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.