Making new tabs on speeddial

• Is it possible to make tabs like default "bookmarks" and "history" tabs on speeddial, such as passwords page(chrome://settings/passwords)?

• @gerticular I actually tried to do thisa while back, and I found it difficult with no real idea of where to start.

I don't know if you can do so by editing the startpage.html file, as that file is empty to begin with:

<!DOCTYPE html>
    <title>Start Page</title>
    <link rel="shortcut icon" href="../../resources/favicon-speeddials.png" />

It seems that everything is added to the page at runtime.

I then tried to use observers to detect when the startpage was opened, and add stuff there, but then you lose any changes and need to reload them every time the tab (either browser tab or start page tab) is switched.

Overall, it's not the easiest thing to mod, though if someone was more determined than me, it might be doable.

I would suggest you perhaps check the feature requests thread to see if such an idea exists there, or add it yourself, as I would definitely find embedding vivaldi settings pages to the start page very useful.

• @LonM is right, because the issue with all of our modifications is that you need to load them dependent on the site they're on. It's probably not worth it. Personally I have the internal Vivaldi sites just sitting there as a speed dial -- if I open a new tab they are all there and accessible.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.