After updating to 1.13.1008.40 only blank windows is shown

• I' using vivaldi on win 10 since about a year. at the last update, only a blank window frame is shown, no tabs , no menue.
    new install from Chip with old version demands deleting the existing version, followed bay install and update of actual version. After doe this, vivaldi found old Tabs from last login => all ok.
    One day later, vivaldi shows empty program frame again.
    How could this be fixed?

May be a extension let Vivaldi hang. Perhaps a hanging Vivaldi process after update?
    After Closing Vivaldi, check in Windows Taskmanager if there are some Vivaldi processes nit terminated. Terminate them.

Open %LOCALAPPDATA%\Vivaldi\User Data\Default in Explorer address bar
    Delete files:

• Last Tabs
    • Last Session
    • Current Tabs
    • Current Session
      Start Vivaldi

Open in Vivaldi chrome://settings/system
    Untick 'Apps im Hintergrund ausführen, wenn Vivaldi geschlossen ist'
    Restart Vivaldi

• @gwen-dragon said in After updating to 1.13.1008.40 only blank windows is shown:

chrome://settings/system

Thanks for the help, deleting the 4 Files fixed the problem, I did also untick the system settings item.

Why to delete these files?
    Short explanation: Vivaldi stroes information of tabs and pages in session files. Unfortunately Vivaldi sometimes does crash, the mentioned session files get corrupted and have to be deleted by hand to get Vivaldi back.

• @gwen-dragon
    Problem is not solved. Sorry, this is no long-term solution., Vivaldi did again show only the empty program frame, no copy and paste is possible in address bar.
    Retrying the workaround, program function is normal again.
    I use Vivaldi since mid of 2016, this version isn't stable in my surrounding.
    how could I get back to an older (hopefully more stable) version and which one would you recommend?

@keineaanung said in After updating to 1.13.1008.40 only blank windows is shown:

how could I get back to an older (hopefully more stable) version and which one would you recommend?

I do not recommend a older version because they have unfixed security holes where malware can attack your system and steal data.

If you get a blank window you may have a problem with graphics card driver.

Try this:
    Hit Win key
    Type vivaldi --disable-gpu
    Hit enter to start
    Open in address field vivaldi://flags/#ignore-gpu-blacklist
    Hit link Activate
    Restart Vivaldi

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.