1.14.1047.3 Snapshot - page load issues

• i'm running Korora 64-bit. just downloaded 1.14.1047.3 (Official Build) snapshot (64-bit). now that i updated vivaldi, all of my tabs aren't loading. i have the option to stop loading, but not to reload. nothing is loading except program urls like vivaldi://about. internet connection and other browsers working fine. when i run vivaldi from command line i get a bunch of errors starting with:

[22246:22275:1226/082727.836402:ERROR:connection.cc(1964)] Passwords sqlite error 5, errno 0: database is locked, sql: PRAGMA auto_vacuum
    [22246:22275:1226/082727.836441:ERROR:connection.cc(1964)] Passwords sqlite error 5, errno 0: database is locked, sql: PRAGMA journal_mode = TRUNCATE
    [1:18:1226/082728.070762:ERROR:adm_helpers.cc(62)] Failed to query stereo recording.
    [22246:22275:1226/082728.841440:ERROR:connection.cc(1964)] Passwords sqlite error 5, errno 0: database is locked, sql: PRAGMA cache_size=32

Looks like 1.14 Snapshot crashed.

Check if vivaldi processes are running.
    Terminate all vivaldi processes.
    Start vivaldi-snapshot

Could you please start Vivaldi from shell and see if the issue is still present?

/usr/bin/vivaldi-snapshot --user-data-dir="/tmp/TEST-VIV" &

• @Gwen-Dragon there are extra vivaldi processes after i close vivaldi. pkill vivaldi, a bunch of vivaldi-bin. pkill vivaldi-bin, restart, problem persists.

@lamarca, i ran your command. it starts vivaldi without my preferences. issue persists. i tried running your command without "&" , and it produces errors that begin:

[24324:24421:1226/085444.205134:ERROR:leveldb_database.cc(319)] Failed to open LevelDB database from /tmp/TEST-VIV/Default/Storage/ext/mpognobbkildjkofajifpdfhcoklimli/def/IndexedDB/chrome-extension_mpognobbkildjkofajifpdfhcoklimli_0.indexeddb.leveldb,IO error: /tmp/TEST-VIV/Default/Storage/ext/mpognobbkildjkofajifpdfhcoklimli/def/IndexedDB/chrome-extension_mpognobbkildjkofajifpdfhcoklimli_0.indexeddb.leveldb/LOCK: No further details. (ChromeMethodBFE: 15::LockFile::1)

@monkey_wrench_gang898 said in 1.14.1047.3 (Official Build) snapshot (64-bit) page load issues:

ran your command. it starts vivaldi without my preferences. issue persists. i tried running your command without "&" , and it produces errors that begin:

The "&" is to release your terminal.
    Normally, after loading Vivaldi the first message should be:
    ATTENTION: default value of option force_s3tc_enable overridden by environment.

• I don't know your distro Koroa, but one possible cause is that the package libsecret is missing (library for storing and retrieving passwords).
    Source

• @wernerfp korora is based off of fedora + rpmfusion. libsecret is installed, installing libsecret-devel does not resolve the problem either.

@lamarca my understanding of & is that it starts commands as a child process, not displaying output. i tried your command with it, but thought the output from without it might be useful.

@monkey_wrench_gang898 My suggestion: remove and purgue Vivaldi from your system and download it again.
    All the files you may want to save are listed here
    Please, let us know if it worked.

• @lamarca the korora irc told me that dnf remove is the equivalent of apt-get purge. i removed vivaldi-snapshot, and did rm -rf ~/.config/vivaldi-snapshot. i reinstalled, inserted my bookmark file in ~.config/vivaldi-snapshot/Default. i'm not sure why, but now it works fine. thank you.

@monkey_wrench_gang898 Glad to know. I will tag the topic as resolved.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.