Downloadable in archive form?

• The old Opera and Firefox can be downloaded as a compressed archive. This greatly expands the number of systems it can be used on. It would be nice if Vivaldi could be made available similarly.

• You mean, like a tar.gz file? "Compressed archive" is somewhat vague …

• Well…

debs and rpms are compressed archives.

You can even unpack them with 7zip, under windows. In linux the ways to do it are endless.

The more obvious is midnight commander.

• Vivaldi Team

Try this script. It lets you use the .rpm packages in a similar way to how people generally used the old Opera (Presto) tar packages—for quick testing, without committing to a full, system-wide install.

RUARIO! OMG! How nice to see you here!!

• Welcome Ruari. I was wondering how long it would take you to show here after they let you and the others go. No Vivaldi badge, so not working for them … yet. Still, glad to have you here.

@sgunhouse:

Welcome Ruari. I was wondering how long it would take you to show here after they let you and the others go. No Vivaldi badge, so not working for them … yet. Still, glad to have you here.

Turns out he registered here over a year ago, but this is only his second forum comment. Still, tickled to death to see him, and looking forward to his having time (in his free hours from whatever killer fabulous new job he lands) to contribute here and help us make this feel more and more like "home." The more olde-Opera-experienced tech-heads on this forum, the better, I say.

• Vivaldi Team

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Very much appreciated. Wasn't sure if some might see me as "the enemy".

• @Ayespy:

RUARIO! OMG! How nice to see you here!!

+1

• Vivaldi Team

In addition, here is a generic, cross-distro Vivaldi install script. It can even do a network install or be used to create self-extracting installation packages. Handy, if you actually want to install system wide and you don't use a system based on .deb or .rpm packages.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.