Vivaldi Mail Alias/Subaddress Blocked
I love the possibility of using sub-addresses (aliases) with Vivaldi mail. However, I noticed that many website forms do not accept the "+" sign in an email address. Is there a chance the "+" sign could be substituted for the "." sign to make it more compliant and functional. I understand this is not a Vivaldi problem, the "+" sign is an allowed character in email addresses but still many website developers filter it out.
Try to make a feature request.
How to make a feature request for Vivaldi
If you think your problem can be solved by a missing feature, please add a single request at https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/22411/feature-requests-for-vivaldi-1-14/ by hitting the green Reply button at the bottom of the page — not the blue reply link below each post.
- Please search the Feature Requests thread (replacing topic with your topic) first and upvote it if it exists.
- Add one line in bold as a short title for the feature and 2-3 lines to describe the wanted feature.
- Do not discuss features, bugs, or support issues in the thread.
- If you need to, please open a new thread in the other Vivaldi forums.
- If you want to ask or tell users something, please contact them by chat via their forum profile.
Moderators may remove posts.
Thanks for the pointer. I posted it.
I posted the request feature number friom Vivaldi bugtracker at https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/176/vivaldi-net-email/522
@rhk FeatureBug Is close by admin as "Wont Do".
We have usernames with dot in it, that may cause troube with such aliases.
I understand that using dot could be a problem. What about replacing the "+" with "_" (underscore)?