Suggestions / Bug reports (enhancements for visual impaired)

• Further to my post entitled - "Some thoughts on using Vivaldi by the visually impaired" - I have submitted three Suggestion/Bug Reports. The relevant VB Nos and subjects are as follows --

VB-35783: - Suggestion re Visual contrast in menus

VB-35784: - Suggestions re Right-click menus

VB-35785: - Suggestion re Thumbnail control buttons

I shall be happy to answer and questions readers may have regarding this matter.

Best regards to all --

[modedit] added title

• @hatrack Perhaps this should have been added to that thread to keep it all together?
    https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/23125/some-thoughts-on-using-vivaldi-by-the-visually-impaired

BTW regarding your "Thumbnails" - did you see @D0J0P 's thread
    https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/17568/i-made-a-huge-thumbnail-pack

@hatrack Thanks for your reports. I will check teh suggestions and try to ping developers for such needs.

@hatrack I voted for these changes internally.
    But i can not say when such things will be added.

• @tbgbe
    Thank you for your reply.

I did indeed see the post to which you refer but, I think a bit of clarification is needed --- the logos which I produce are primarily intended for use by those who are visually impaired. Aesthetics doe not really come into the matter. I do a lot of research so my bookmarks relate to that kind of work. The facsimiles generated automatically by "Bookmarks" is a miniature of a printed page and they all look very similar. My logos show the actual title and I colour-code as well.

I think that the style I propose could well be useful elsewhere so --- I will write a complete procedure so users will be able to experiment, see if the idea is useful to them and perhaps, develop further modifications.

I'm tied up with the hospital for part of today so I probably wont get around to this work until tomorrow.

Best regards --

• @gwen-dragon

Hi Gwen !

Thank you for your posts.

If you look at my reply to @tbgbe, you will see that I am offering to do a write-up on my methods for producing customised logos so --- two questions -

Is this allowed and secondly do you think the idea worthwhile for readers generally ?

I'm tied up with hospital today so it will be this evening (UK time) before I can look ar your reply ---

Many thanks and best regards --

@hatrack said in Suggestions / Bug reports (enhancements for visual impaired):

@gwen-dragon (ā€¦) you will see that I am offering to do a write-up on my methods for producing customised logos so --- two questions -

Good idea, for users having eyesight problems :)

Is this allowed and secondly do you think the idea worthwhile for readers generally ?

Yes, you can produce own logos for the SpeedDials and gift them to the community.
    We (user community and Vivaldi team) appreciate such help.

• @hatrack said in Suggestions / Bug reports (enhancements for visual impaired):

The facsimiles generated automatically by "Bookmarks" is a miniature of a printed page and they all look very similar. My logos show the actual title and I colour-code as well.

Agreed, that's why I suggested looking at that thread - @D0J0P uses logos etc. rather than screenshots.

I think that the style I propose could well be useful elsewhere so --- I will write a complete procedure so users will be able to experiment, see if the idea is useful to them and perhaps, develop further modifications.

That's another reason for my link, if @D0J0P (and others) can - there is no reason you shouldn't create your own thread.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.