Tab Tiling

• I have read the information regarding tab tiling at as well as However, the page / tab tiling feature in the status bar of my browser is grayed out so I can't select it to use the option. Do I have to stack the tabs first in order to use the page / tab tiling?

I did read that I can also hold down the hold down Shift / Ctrl / Windows key to select the tabs that you’d like to include. - but can't figure out what to do to split the screen once I have done that.

Can someone be of assistance with how I would use this feature. Thanks

@lmreif After you select multiple tabs, the tiling options do not become active?

• @lmreif You need to tile tabs before can change the layout with the statusbar button.

There are two main ways to do this:

• Stack a bunch of tabs and use tile tab stack in the popup menu
    • Ctrl/Shift click a bunch of tabs and select tile <x> tabs from the popup menu.

Once you have done this the statusbar icon will no longer be greyed out and you can use it to alter the tiling layout.

<edit>Nope, I am wrong. It stops being greyed out once you have selected multiple tabs or a tab stack</edit>

@caine That's odd. If I select two tabs, the tiling button is immediately active and I can tile them in the pattern I wish.

It's true that right-click context menu works to activate the button, but here, so does selecting multiple tabs. Maybe it's because I already have tab stacks, and it's just standing by waiting for me to use it.

• @Ayespy Yes, I had already edited my post. I saw that too, never actually noticed that before :) You learn something new every day.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.