Miscellaneous Requests

• On touch-screen device such as an Android tablet, when we do the pinch-to-zoom on a non-mobile web page, the page gets magnified as it is (no page re-layout). Actually, just normal desktop version of Google Chrome does the same thing on a Windows tablet. That is, Chrome must already have the feature in it, but does not provide any way to trigger it without a touch screen.

But I often need that feature on my desktop. For example, see thus page (https://developer.android.com/topic/libraries/architecture/adding-components.html) if I press ctrl + wheel, all page elements get enlarged with re-layout. So things like the top toolbar and the left index get ridiculously large when I just want to read the article in a big font.

Since Chrome/Vivaldi share internal code, Vivaldi should already have code for this in it. How about providing a way to do this without a touch screen? You could provide ctrl + shift + wheel for this kind of zoom.

• I would like a way to put the address bar on the sides.

An option to have separate tabs and address bars in split view.

Since big companies google are wanting our personal data for advertising, A way to access a tor network to help with privacy.

Maybe in the far future, a way to change rendering engines?

Custom Toolbar Icons.

to be compatible with other programs like libreoffice so we all don't have to give our data away to google docs.

Power saving mode.

an option to put the toolbar on the top or bottom. not just left or right.

To change the order of things. example:
    instead of bookmark bar on the left and tabs just on the right of the bookmarks bar. put the tabs furthest to the left.

to click and drag so one side in split screen mode is larger than the other.

A way to limit cpu and ram usage of the browser

as memory efficient as possible.

@brandondvaught I had to move this comment from the regular feature request thread because it is a multiple request, which is not allowed there. Please read the instructions at the top of the thread, possibly search the thread to ensure none of your requests are already posted (and if they are, upvote them) and then post each of your requests as a comment by itself, headed with a single line in bold, briefly stating the request. Thank you.

• @brandondvaught Vote for the existing posts:

@lonm said in Feature requests for Vivaldi 1.14:

Customisable Toolbars

@daivy-merlijs said in Feature requests for Vivaldi 1.14:

Battery saver, just like Opera

@bionioncle said in Feature requests for Vivaldi 1.14:

• being able to change the size of tiled tab

• How to make a feature request for Vivaldi

If you think your problem can be solved by a missing feature, please add a single request at https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/22411/feature-requests-for-vivaldi-1-14/ by hitting the green Reply button at the bottom of the page โ€” not the blue reply link below each post.

• Please search the Feature Requests thread (replacing topic with your topic) first and upvote it if it exists.
    • Add one line in bold as a short title for the feature and 2-3 lines to describe the wanted feature.
    • Do not discuss features, bugs, or support issues in the thread.
    • If you need to, please open a new thread in the other Vivaldi forums.
    • If you want to ask or tell users something, please contact them by chat via their forum profile.

Moderators may remove off-topic posts.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.