Speedial icons mixed up

• ... after sync laptop and workstation.
    Laptop is 1280x800 and WS is 1920x1080.
    After syncing I rearange some speeddial icons on my workstation and get back to my laptop all icons was discombobulated.
    If that´s the case then that´s not a good idea.
    Position of speeddial icons should not synced.
    Or is it only me?

Cheers, mib

@mib2berlin Were they moved to the same positions as on your workstation, or some other positions?

• @ayespy they changed positions, I think because laptop has 5 columns and workstation 6.
    Tested this and if i switch ws to 5 it is same position but i get a lot of empty space.
    Hm.

Cheers, mib

@mib2berlin - Well, there's no such entity as "speed dial," so singling it out for special treatment among bookmarks is not terribly practical, and I don't suppose would require a trivial amount of coding. After all, it's just a bookmarks folder that one has opted to display on the Start Page. You could change folders any time.

I suppose most people would like their synced bookmarks to be in the same order in all instances of the browser, for the same reasons that they want to have them synced in the first place so, that's what sync does. It preserves the order between instances.

I'm PRETTY sure, tho, that one can have a certain folder shown as Speed Dial in one instance, and a different folder in another. In that way, one could have different speed dials in different instances. I'll have to test that and see if it's true.

@mib2berlin OK - so not that simple. Synced instances do sync the "which folders are tagged for Speed Dial" setting. So I'm currently testing having multiple folders tagged, but viewing different ones in different instances.

@mib2berlin That doesn't work, either. It does work to maintain separate views, but it doesn't work to open "new tab" in different folders in different instances, if you have "Start Page" set as your "new tab." Gonna have to think on this a bit.

• @ayespy Many thanks for your help.
    I am not even sure how to test this. :)

Cheers, mib

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.