Created web panel for 'hidden' settings

• Hi,
    Since we have dial-up at home, I often disable javascript for most of my browsing as many sites I visit don't need it and the results are a faster connection experience. When I used Firefox I would have about:config pinned as tab with 'javascript' in the search field allowing me quick access to toggle disable/enable javascript.

In Vivaldi browser, I finally found where I can easily toggle javascript globally.

In new tab enter
    chrome://settings/content
    Right click outside the center page, either left or right of it
    and then "Add Page to Web Panel'

I understand you can access site javascript actions at the left hand side of the URL field, Site Info, but this is how I manage it globally.

Reference is to this page https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/14103/javascript-manager

Any advice or suggestions if there is a more efficient way to do this without the need of an addon (such as noscript for FF).

• Sorry for this answer, but after O12 and some other browsers in-between I would recommend ScriptBlock, which is similar to NoScript, but runs in Vivaldi natively ;)
    Remembers your site settings and has "temporary allow" mode till you close the tab...

ScriptBlock in ChromeStore

• @morg42 said in Created web panel for 'hidden' settings:

Sorry for this answer, but after O12 and some other browsers in-between I would recommend ScriptBlock, which is similar to NoScript, but runs in Vivaldi natively ;)
    Remembers your site settings and has "temporary allow" mode till you close the tab...

ScriptBlock in ChromeStore

Hi morg,

No need to be sorry. I've never heard of ScriptBlock, so that is helpful to know. I'm usually one to shun addons and extensions, but sometimes it gets annoying to have to remember to toggle javascript when I forget that I have it disabled. Thanks morg.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.